Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time! Fall approaches, and the 2013 Fall Mid Atlantic Rally (MASR) joined by the 2013 Mid Atlantic Spyder Ryde (SR) will be held on September 27,28 and 29. 2013. This Fall's Rally Headquarters will continue to the Country Squire Motel, 504 East Main Street, New Holland, PA 17557. Our Meet n' Greet will commence at 4:30pm, so please drive through and say hello, even if you're not spending the night. For those lodging at the Squire or anywhere else. I have advised the Country Squire of our dates, so make your reservations as soon as possible. The Squire staff advises that all reservations should be made by Sept 1. Other lodging options are listed on our web site.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON OUR WEB SITE: http://www.midatlanticscoot.com, or http://www.midatlanticspyder.com, as we announce and develop details for this Fall's Rally.

REGISTRATION: The webmaster and I are doing some updates on the MASR/SR website, to include registration functionality. Please hold off on registering there for a few days. I will follow up with another post in the near future to give everyone the green light. One of the things we're trying to do is automate the waiver form so we don't have to archive volumes of them. Once online and ready to go, REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

RALLY FORMAT: This Fall's Rally will again endeavor to have at least two separate Saturday rides. We must do this to break what is anticipated to be a large attendance into smaller, managable groups . These details will be announced as developed, with route packs on the MASR/SR web site. I will update everyone on this as well.

Again, it is important that everyone keep checking this thread for updates, and the MASR/SR Web Site. The only OFFICIAL information updates will come from myself, Jeff Barnes or Will Smith. Thank you in advance for your patience!

We continue to welcome our cousins, the Can Am Spyder RT/RS (and the new ST?) Roadster but, all are welcome to join. Scoot Trike or Bike however, we do recommend engine displacement of 150cc and larger for the rides which contain hills and catch-up however, we will strive to accommodate all participants.

As with last Fall, we will continue as follows:

1. MEALS

a. If one or more participants want to committee a meet n' greet BBQ or other food venue at The Squire, please contact Will Smith or myself directly.

b. There wil be only one formal meal--that is the Saturday dinner at Yoder's Family Restaurant 14 S. Tower Road, New Holland PA 17557. All registered attendees are requested to be at this dinner. We will assemble at 6:15 PM in the SW Parking of Yoders that evening for seating @ 6:30 in our assigned dining room. Please be punctual ... and P L E A S E do not attack the Buffet until after announcements and the benediction.

c. For independent dining on Friday and for breakfasts, Rally participants may utilize any of the many restaurants in the vicinity of New Holland for dinner on Fri. 21st, breakfast on Sat 22nd. and breakfast on Sun. 23rd.

2. RIDES

a. RIDE DEPARTURES: (Check Activities Schedule under Events link on our web site.) will be made PROMPTLY from the SOUTHWEST PARKING LOT of Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet, 14 S Tower Rd, New Holland. Be sure to have a full tank of fuel in advance! We will depart from this location because of limited parking and through-way at The Squire. Rides will depart PROMPTLY from SW Parking, Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet, 14 S Tower Rd, New Holland, @ 10:00 AM on Saturday. and @ 11:00 AM on Sunday . Again, Saturday/Sunday rides will be broken into smaller groups as appropriate. We will have pre-ridden scenic rides for all capabilities of riders.

b. Those attendees who may wish to ride the area independently may certainly do so. Please note: These rides are not sanctioned by the event.

SO PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR FRIDAY MEET AND GREET AND ORGANIZED RIDES THROUGH THE PENNSYLVANIA AMISH COUNTRYSIDE.​

Please e-mail me personally through this forum if you have questions, but give us a little time because we're probably working on your answer!

RIDE SAFE,

Paul
Rally Host/Road Captain
MASR/SR

·
Registered
259 Posts
Where are all the post for this rally?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I registered for the rally, but the website is only showing info for the past rallies. I only live an hour away from the event, so I hope everything is happening when I show up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went on the B ride at the rally today and had a very good time the lead rider took the group of 11 of us on a little over a one hundred mile ride. We ventured up to French Creek State Park via the back roads, then down towards Coatesville and finally back to New Holland, PA. Lunch was had at a cute little diner along our route. Looking forward to the spring ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can remember when these 2 rides (Spring and Fall) would have 6 or more pages on this forum and over 100 scooter on the sat ride. If a certain person would have kept his mouth shut this would still be the best rally on the East Coast........

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I think its just a time of the year when the site gets quiet. I hope they had a good turnout. It is an awesome place to ride.

I wish everyone knew what Paul does to make this happen. He really has comitted a lot of his time to make it happen.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone have information about the rally?
How many attended?
How many different routes?
Where did everyone stay?

The MASR has always been a great rally and I hope it continues that way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This was my first time to the rally. I went on the shorter ride (approx 100 miles) with about a dozen people. There were at least twice as many on the longer ride. Most people stayed at a local motel, but I just rode in for the ride on Saturday. Looking forward to joining them again for the spring ride.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would appreciate seeing any pictures of the recent rally in New Holland even though I cannot ride anymore, This was very enjoyable with the folks that had been there when I used to ride. Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts