Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local guy has a used '03 400 with 3460 miles on it, ~3 months left on the warranty (possible to get an extended warranty) and is asking $4500 down from $4899. Since I can't find a KBB, NADA or Edmunds price on a used model, does this sound like a good deal? TTL is extra, but I may try to offer him $4500 OTD. Would it be worth it to get the extended warranty?

Anything I should be concerned with on a deal like this? I mean other than possibly not really knowing the whole truth behind the bike. Or should I try and and get another dealer to get me out the door for ~$5400 new.........

TIA

·
Registered
409 Posts
Don't do it. Price is too high. Unfortunately out Burgman (e) don't hold value as used bikes. This is an add from cycle trader on a new 2004 from Honda East in Maumee, Ohio. I've spoken to them and their pricing is legit. you can do much better on a used one

Eddie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOLEDO, OH $4,898.00
2004 SUZUKI AN400K AN400 AN 400 BURGMAN, The Burgman 400 features bodywork with crisp, contemporary lines. The sculpted fairing and windshield house new twin multi-reflector headlights complemented by a fully integrated rear light assembly. And from its lustrous paint to its chrome-plated mirrors, distinctive details enhance its overall appearance. For more information call 419-891-1230 Ext.20 an… More Details Email Honda East Visit My Online Showroom (419) 891-1230

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx - I had seen quite a few Cycle Trader ads from those guys at that price. Them and another outfit in WI. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that kind of deal here in the Carolina's. I guess I could get these guys down here to try and match prices, but we'll see. Living in a place where you can ride 10 months out of the year................

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Herfnerd, that price is nothing special. Last month I had a dealer offer me a used '03 Burg 400 -- with only 347 miles on it -- for $4,200. (This is in upstate New York, about midway between NYC and Albany.) For a one-year-old bike with mileage that high, I'd think your seller should come down some more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the input - I spoke to the guy and told him our concerns. Then I asked if he could find a new one and cut me a deal. Called me back a half hour later saying he found a new silver one and I can get it for $5148 OTD! Needless to say I'm picking it up on Saturday morning......

:D

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Yo, congrats! That's a good deal you got there! Nothing like being an informed consumer, is there?

I'm jealous you're getting your wheels so soon. Bought my 400 several weeks ago (paying more than you just did, BTW) but haven't been able to take delivery because of snow & icy conditions. Well, the roads were juuuuust cleared off ... and we got 8" of fresh yesterday, with more predicted for Friday. Oh, the joys of living in upstate NY. :roll:

Hey, happy riding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts