Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the CL link.

8700 miles, completely stock. NO aftermarket farkles.

The second owner bought it from an old guy (80+) at about 5000 miles over 2.5 years ago and has put under 4000 miles on it since then.

This current owner appears to be a bit OCD with all his gear - his shop and cars - appears all clean, neat, with no unsightly messes. Same for the bike - clean with the only 'flaw' that I could see was a cracked right turn signal lens from an apparent rock hit.

This guy says he changes the fluids every 1000 miles as it takes him 6+ months to rack up that little bit of mileage.

He's asking $4500 - My little bit of research suggest he's in the ball park, but maybe a few hundred high.

Opinions please - offer $3800 and settle at $4100 cash?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
IMO $4,500 is high for this market , but if you are happy with it and the body is pristine as in not a scratch on it , you can pay a little more . That said , in perfect condition with like new OEM tires around $4,000 TOPS !!! Now let me say this , I'm not saying any thing about WORTH , I'm talking MARKET PRICES . In this market nice Burgman 650's priced at $3,500 or less were selling briskly earlier in the season , priced higher than that not so much . Higher mileage 650's (over 25K) are a tough sell
over 40K are persona non grata . Higher mileage ones $2,000 max .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I've posted this a few times, but for the OP

In January of this year, I sold my '07 standard 650 in excellent condition, Clearview shield with 21k miles for $3450. I'm in the LA area. $4000 plus/minus a hundred or so seems reasonable to me, too.

·
Registered
585 Posts
For about the same price you can get a 2011 - looks like a pretty decent deal and only has 11k miles on it. Play one off the other - maybe you can get a great deal on one or the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd opt for the 2011 as noted in the post above - buy the latest model your money can afford
Please, I'm curious as to the logic process behind your statement.

On one hand I can see the idea of the newest being preferred, but low miles and good maintenance records from an apparent OCD owner also seem to have some importance.

So what's the thoughts behind this statement? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd opt for the 2011 as noted in the post above - buy the latest model your money can afford
Good advice. But boy that Red looks good!

Everyday I look at my blue 07 400 and think "what a good looking bike". The silver 650, eh, not so much. But that's me; always thought the 400 was the better looking bike to begin with, the color just makes it that much more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... But boy that Red looks good!
Yeah, red is a winner color in my eyes too. It's a pretty sweet scoot.

But doggone it, I'm torn as to whether I really want another 600 pound bike no matter how nice the color or how sweet it is overall. Da mn the indecision and internal debates anyway. :kermit:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yeah, red is a winner color in my eyes too. It's a pretty sweet scoot.

But doggone it, I'm torn as to whether I really want another 600 pound bike no matter how nice the color or how sweet it is overall. Da mn the indecision and internal debates anyway. :kermit:
You might be happier with a 400 then. Most all the fun with 25% less calories. Lol.

It's truely a very capable bike, just much easier to handle and throw around curves (I have the scrapped up center stand to prove it). Ride is about the same, ergos too. Touch more buffeting on stock models, but bigger trunk. It's my favorite bike ever.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really like my friend's 400. I have ridden it many times as he likes to try out my 650. But there is No way the 400 compares to or is equal to the 650. Both great bikes but very different in smoothness, power and overall feel.
Simba

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I really like my friend's 400. I have ridden it many times as he likes to try out my 650. But there is No way the 400 compares to or is equal to the 650. Both great bikes but very different in smoothness, power and overall feel.
Simba
You're right. The 400 IS better. Lol. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
I paid ~4000 for mine OTD including T&L with similar miles and the nifty cruise control on it.
I will note the dealer I bought it from was a twit and a PITA to work with, and that it was not meticulously maintained; however the former maintenance was adequate if not OCD, and I do a full fluid change on purchase anyway with rare exception.

If you do get the 07 check the plug that runs a wire to the fan on the right side. Mine was corroded and broke shortly after I bought it, and I've seen several other 07's having that specific issue posted as well as a couple other misc years.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, not so good...

After doing my research and asking the question here, I responded to the current owner and told him that his asking price was too high for the market. Additionally I requested that he have a clean CA title in hand instead of the Alabama one he is still waiting for from his credit union.

He responded with a hearty F--K You!

Okie-dokie.

My search for a good and fair deal continues.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
He's going to have that bike a long time. I think AL registration would be a deal killer for most people

That being said, did you make him a cash offer, or just tell him his price was too high?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's going to have that bike a long time. I think AL registration would be a deal killer for most people

That being said, did you make him a cash offer, or just tell him his price was too high?
Nah, I made no commitments. It's a clean scoot and with a clean CA title in hand I'd be able to get into the high 3's with no issues.

But, he was grumpy from the git-go and I'd prefer to deal with folks whose hot buttons are not so easily pushed.

Oh, well. If I wanted to drive 750 miles to Prescott AZ there's an nice looking white k12 executive for near the same asking price.

There'll be another along as I'm in no big hurry - too doggone hot here to ride outside of the morning hours anyway. I hate dry lips from the hot wind!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts