Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be interested in picking up another AN650 - not the Executive. This would be a 2005 with 30,000 miles. Mostly freeway miles. Well maintained - no problems. I don't know what a fair and reasonable price would be for this -but I have a feeling that many of you long timers out here would have a good idea. The prices I see are all over the board - but we all know that a lot of the higher end prices are going to just sit forever.

What would you all pay for one?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Local supply and demand determines the price. It can vary widely. Where I live, it would range in the $2,000-2,500 range. My friend bought a 2007 last week with 16,000 miles on it in need of tires for $3,000. It was a nice bike.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Around $3K I think.

A few months ago I bought a 2007 Executive with 3500 miles on it for $4000 so given that one is the regular model with a fair amount of miles on it I would think 3 thou a bit less be in the ballpark.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I bought my 05 650 two months ago for $3300 with 3500 miles, all stock. Pretty clean save one big scratch and it was always garaged. Needed a rear tire after 2k more of riding. Runs like a top.

If you're willing to accept more milage, less than 3k, I would think.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
What's the asking price? How are the tires?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Bought my 650 K4 in early August for $2500 (asking price on craigslist was $2700). Mechanically excellent, 17500 miles, but some scrapes on the tupperware in the usual places due to no-speed lay-downs (mostly out of sight). This was in PEAK riding season in Fungus Corners (western WA) so I didn't bother trying to work the seller down any more because the bike felt so good and I wanted to get on the road before The Horror began again (i.e., the 10-month rainy season). It had been on craigslist for a week or 2. I think the price was fair to both of us and he was a nice guy so I didn't mind paying it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I may be interested in picking up another AN650 - not the Executive. This would be a 2005 with 30,000 miles. Mostly freeway miles. Well maintained - no problems. I don't know what a fair and reasonable price would be for this -but I have a feeling that many of you long timers out here would have a good idea. The prices I see are all over the board - but we all know that a lot of the higher end prices are going to just sit forever.

What would you all pay for one?
Because it's a 2005 and it has 30K on the ticker I would say 2K tops . Now if it has perfect plastics a few hundred more , say $2,300 . If the plastic are really bad then $1,700 to $1,800 TOPS !!

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I paid $4,000 for an '07 with 15k miles on her. Some will scream that I got robbed, but it was an impulse purchase and I'm really happy with her.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Late fall/winter is when you should be getting the best deals as a buyer.
The sellers may not WANT to come down... Often they think their bikes are worth much more than they are... It might be because they are basing on what they paid last spring or what they saw being asked last spring or even what is currently being asked on Craig's list etc... But what is being ASKED on Craig's list doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what they are selling for.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Late fall/winter is when you should be getting the best deals as a buyer.
The sellers may not WANT to come down... Often they think their bikes are worth much more than they are... It might be because they are basing on what they paid last spring or what they saw being asked last spring or even what is currently being asked on Craig's list etc... But what is being ASKED on Craig's list doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what they are selling for.
I use Craigs List and I don't pay a lot of attention to the asking price unless it is outrageous, especially if it has been for sale for a while (I do a search to see how many times and how long it has been listed). The way to get the best buy is to take cash with you. $3,600 in hundred dollar bills bought a 09 V-Star that the owner insisted he had to have $4,200 for. $3,000 in hundred dollar bills bought a 07 Burgman 650 that the owner priced at $3,500 and he had insisted on the phone that he wouldn't drop under $3,250. When the owner sees the cash walking away with winter and Christmas coming, there is frequently a quick change of mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my 2007 standard 650 with less than 6000 miles for $3600 several months ago. Take your time and don't limit yourself to private parties. Dealerships often have bikes/scooters on consignment. You end up dealing with the owner with the dealership taking care of the paperwork.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree about not overlooking dealerships. A couple months ago when we first started looking into a Burgman for a trike conversion, several of the best "sounding" deals we saw on Craig's List were listed by dealers.
I'm guessing they took them in on trade and just wanted them out of their way as quickly as possible.
They were listed anywhere from $1000 to $1500 less than similar Burgmans listed by private parties.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree about not overlooking dealerships. A couple months ago when we first started looking into a Burgman for a trike conversion, several of the best "sounding" deals we saw on Craig's List were listed by dealers.
I'm guessing they took them in on trade and just wanted them out of their way as quickly as possible.
They were listed anywhere from $1000 to $1500 less than similar Burgmans listed by private parties.
I found the same thing when I was looking for my first Burgman in October of last year. I found a 08 Burgman 650 Exec. listed by a dealer on the Charlotte, NC Craigs List at a fair price. I called the dealer to get his out the door price before I drove over 360 miles round trip to buy it. The dealer's listed price was firm and they added a processing/documentation fee of $500 or $600 to the price. I offered to buy the bike at the listed price but they wouldn't budge. Their low price wasn't the true price and I felt deceived. I hope they still have it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Osbornk, do you have dealer name? Just curious, as I don't like to deal with lying businesses.
I don't recall. I just remember it was a multi-brand Japanese dealer in Charlotte.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
My 3 year old 2007 Burgman 650 Executive was valued as a "trade in" on a Victory Vision as being worth $3800.00.
It had 38,000 miles on it.
It was in dire need of tires, brakes, bearings and a new fuel door.
I honestly felt that was a fair trade-in value and accepted it.
My scooter sat on the showroom floor for over 6 months before finally being sold to someone in Canada.
I don't believe my dealership made a dime on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts