Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious how many of us with 03's had good luck with the first factory rear tire, ive heard of some replacing as early as 4000 miles, and im figuring most got about 10000.....im asking because im going on 13000 miles on the factory rear tire with like another 1000 or so till it needs to be changed. im wondering what the discrepancy is for the difference in milage other than the obvious of keeping up on tire pressure.
i ride slow, fast, hard, and smooth so i dont think its my driving habits...a lot of my riding is highway though, would that make a difference?

·
Registered
30,277 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I did approx 12500 on mine before I changed both. I could have gone farther on the front but it was starting to show irregular wear and winter was here. I wanted fresh tires to start out the new year. I posted a few pics of my wear in my gallery http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/album45

·
Super Moderator
20,092 Posts
I got abot 5,000 miles one mine. The only thing I can figure is, lots of 2-up higher speed riding, or just a bad tire.
The Pirelli is holding up fine, so maybe it was a batch of Bridgstones that was bad. The front is fine at 8,200 miles, with about 3,000 left in it. It will be changed when I do another rear, estimated @ 12,000 miles total.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
mactd83 said:
...im going on 13000 miles on the factory rear tire with like another 1000 or so till it needs to be changed. im wondering what the discrepancy is for the difference in milage other than the obvious of keeping up on tire pressure.
i ride slow, fast, hard, and smooth so i dont think its my driving habits...a lot of my riding is highway though, would that make a difference?
Lots of highway miles would tend to increase rear tire life, as starts and stops account for a lot of rear-tire wear.

I've got a little over 9,000 miles on my AN650K3 now, and the original tires are still holding up well. I have over 1.3mm minimum tread depth in front and more than 2.0mm in the rear.

Except for a few times when I was highly motivated, I tend to make smooth starts and stops, don't do a lot of high speed banked turns, etc.

I'm planning a long tour for August (3,000+ miles), so I'll probably order tires next payday so I can be sure to have them ready to change just before the trip.

On the other hand, with so many people reporting 13,000+ miles on theirs, I may wait until after the trip if I still have plenty of tread left just before I leave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts