Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I ordered and received a OEM Suzuki Burgman 650 2003-2012 factory manual from Repairmanual.com. The web page indicated it was for 2003-2012, but...

The manual has two color of pages. The white pages of the manual are the 2003 service manual, the blue pages are yearly addendums to the manual as a whole. My concern is that the blue pages only go through 2009, and the included wiring diagrams only go to 2007. I've sent an email inquiry to the repairmanual.com about this, but in the mean time I was hoping some of you may have purchased a manual that covers the 2012 and can tell me about your manual.

As always, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
The last part number I had for them was 99500-36116-03E which covers '03-'09. I have a newer one at home and I'll get the number off it later for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
This is what I've been able to compile so far.

Service manuals
99500-36110-01E early '03 2002
99500-36110-03E later '03 Jan 2003
99501-36110-03E '05 supplement
99500-36111-03E '03-'04
99500-36112-03E '03-'05
99500-36113-03E '03-'06
99500-36114-03E '03-'07
99500-36115-03E '03-'08
99500-36116-03E '03-'09
99500-36117-01E '03-'11

Now in this progression the 2012 should be 99500-36118-01E (or -03E) part number if I was to guess but I'm not sure it's available. I do know the 2011 one will be as close as you can get (at least the gauges are right) if you can't get a 2012. Hope this helps and if anyone has something to add let me know. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I'm to believe that the only difference between the L1 and L2 models is the new colour introduced (here in the UK), so mechanically identical?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MJR said:
This is what I've been able to compile so far.

Service manuals
99500-36110-01E early '03 2002
99500-36110-03E later '03 Jan 2003
99501-36110-03E '05 supplement
99500-36111-03E '03-'04
99500-36112-03E '03-'05
99500-36113-03E '03-'06
99500-36114-03E '03-'07
99500-36115-03E '03-'08
99500-36116-03E '03-'09
99500-36117-01E '03-'11

Now in this progression the 2012 should be 99500-36118-01E (or -03E) part number if I was to guess but I'm not sure it's available. I do know the 2011 one will be as close as you can get (at least the gauges are right) if you can't get a 2012. Hope this helps and if anyone has something to add let me know. :thumbup:
Interesting. I'm going to call repairmanual.com today and see if I can get an answer as to why they sent me a -36116-03E. They list it as "the" right one through 2012, and yet it is silent beyond 2009 (and beyond 2007 wiring diagram). I'll see if they at least carry the -36117-. In the mean time I have ordered another one from genuinesuzukimanuals.com. They too list the -36116- as the manual for the 2012, but supposedly print the manual with the latest info at the time of your order. I've searched online and can't find anyone selling the -36117-. I'll post whatever I learn from my call to RM and with info on whatever it is GSM sends to me just so others searching on the topic may glean some useful information.
Thanks for all the replies.
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
bornagainbiker said:
I'm to believe that the only difference between the L1 and L2 models is the new colour introduced (here in the UK), so mechanically identical?
Over the years little has changed on the 650. Largely they are the same except for minor tweaks (some wiring/switch/CVT adapter and of course Exec equipment) here and there. 2011 changed to the new cluster and 2012 is the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MJR said:
This is what I've been able to compile so far.

Service manuals
99500-36110-01E early '03 2002
99500-36110-03E later '03 Jan 2003
99501-36110-03E '05 supplement
99500-36111-03E '03-'04
99500-36112-03E '03-'05
99500-36113-03E '03-'06
99500-36114-03E '03-'07
99500-36115-03E '03-'08
99500-36116-03E '03-'09
99500-36117-01E '03-'11

Now in this progression the 2012 should be 99500-36118-01E (or -03E) part number if I was to guess but I'm not sure it's available. I do know the 2011 one will be as close as you can get (at least the gauges are right) if you can't get a 2012. Hope this helps and if anyone has something to add let me know. :thumbup:
Just a quick follow up for anyone who might search on this topic. Sad but true, Suzuki did not change the "part number" of the service manual. As I mentioned earlier I ordered the first book asking for a manual that covered my 2012. I received service manual numbered 99500-36116-03E. But in fine print on the spine it notes K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9. And true to that nomenclature it covers 2003 to 2009. Next I ordered a manual from http://genuinesuzukimanuals.com and they too sent a 99500-36116-03E, but on its spine is noted K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9 L0 L1 L2. The L's represent years 2010, 2011, and 2012. I'm glad to finally have the manual that covers my bike. I'm now in the process of trying to find out if the first vendor will exchange or refund my first manual. The world's not perfect and at most, I'm out $98. Maybe I'll try to sell my first manual to a 2003-2009 owner. But first I'll work through the problem with my vendor. If anyone needs a 2010-2012 manual though, I would only order through gsm.com above. Now if only I can figure out how post a picture...

[attachment=1:3io0dx27]1. Manual-1.jpg[/attachment:3io0dx27]
[attachment=0:3io0dx27]1. Manual-2.jpg[/attachment:3io0dx27]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
mikec557 said:
Just a quick follow up for anyone who might search on this topic. Sad but true, Suzuki did not change the "part number" of the service manual. As I mentioned earlier I ordered the first book asking for a manual that covered my 2012. I received service manual numbered 99500-36116-03E. But in fine print on the spine it notes K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9. And true to that nomenclature it covers 2003 to 2009. Next I ordered a manual from http://genuinesuzukimanuals.com and they too sent a 99500-36116-03E, but on its spine is noted K3 K4 K5 K6 K7 K8 K9 L0 L1 L2. The L's represent years 2010, 2011, and 2012. I'm glad to finally have the manual that covers my bike. I'm now in the process of trying to find out if the first vendor will exchange or refund my first manual. The world's not perfect and at most, I'm out $98. Maybe I'll try to sell my first manual to a 2003-2009 owner. But first I'll work through the problem with my vendor. If anyone needs a 2010-2012 manual though, I would only order through gsm.com above. Now if only I can figure out how post a picture...

[attachment=1:2f2voypi]1. Manual-1.jpg[/attachment:2f2voypi]
[attachment=0:2f2voypi]1. Manual-2.jpg[/attachment:2f2voypi]

Interesting find and thanks for posting back. Seems strange that they would use the same part number but there it is in the photos. Stranger still I have a digital version of the FSM which reads as below. Seems the US arm may be doing something different.

9th Ed. March, 2011
1st Ed. July, 2002
Part No. 99500-36117-01E
Printed in Japan

Could you post a photo of the same information from inside the back cover of both copies for comparision? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MJR

As you can see below, there really is no comparable page in my manuals that reflect the info you see in yours. The front covers are the same. The main index page looks similar, but if you look closely below section 12 you'll see a notation that says Revised Jan'12. The next page is the supplements index. Here you can clearly see the difference, the one clearly indicating through '09, the other indicating through '12. The last page on each is identical so I'm only posting one shot here (the less blurry one). And finally, the very back cover. The verbiage is the same but if you look in the lower left corner you can see the same as indicated on the spine K3-K9 vs K3-L2.

Well Crap. Now I see the error message cannot add another attachment, 5 is the max. I'll try to make a second post just so you can see the differences.
And apparently, the pictures are posting from the bottom up. But you'll see what I mean.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beginning with the supp index in the newer manual.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should have added this question to the last post, but what exactly is it you have when you say, "digital version of the FSM"? A PDF file, or something more interactive? And since yours is printed in Japan, I have to ask, is it in English? It would be nice to have the service manual on a laptop or tablet. But the only electronic option I've found is a yearly subscription access to it. Once the year is up, you don't have or own anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
mikec557 said:
I should have added this question to the last post, but what exactly is it you have when you say, "digital version of the FSM"? A PDF file, or something more interactive? And since yours is printed in Japan, I have to ask, is it in English? It would be nice to have the service manual on a laptop or tablet. But the only electronic option I've found is a yearly subscription access to it. Once the year is up, you don't have or own anything.
Yes it's a PDF file. In my line of work Chrysler offers both versions of it's manuals (CD/DVD with a PDF and printed manuals). I'm assuming Suzuki does the same. I cut and pasted the printing information from the file so yes it's in English. There are some on eBay or other places but I suspect they are scanned copies at that price and not a factory done PDF.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2009-SUZUKI-BURGMAN-AN-650-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL-/370667389491?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item564d7f8233&vxp=mtr#ht_256wt_1371

http://www.servicerepairmanualonline.com/5284/suzuki-an650-burgman-an-650-service-repair-workshop-manual/"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
ErikDK said:
Does the manual have a wiring diagram for K7 European version with front position lights and SAICS immobilizer?
I don't know if mikec557's new manuals does or not. The one I have does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,936 Posts
The tradebit pdf manual does NOT contain the Euro-spec wiring diagrams with SAICS immobilizer and front position lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ErikDK said:
Does the manual have a wiring diagram for K7 European version with front position lights and SAICS immobilizer?
Erik

Sadly, I think not. I have two wiring diagrams for the K7 with the following notations: AN650K7 (E-03, 28, 33) and AN650/AK7 (E-03, 28, 33). I believe the E code is the country code. E-03 is USA not California, E-28 is Canada, and E-33 is California. I think you're looking for E-02 for the UK or E-19 for the E.U. I think the A in AK7 is the Executive model, but don't hold me to that. I think you may have better luck with MJR's service manual that was printed in Japan.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,973 Posts
mikec557 said:
I think you're looking for E-02 for the UK or E-19 for the E.U. I think the A in AK7 is the Executive model, but don't hold me to that.
Yes he should be looking for one of these.

2007 Burgman 650 AN650K7 (’07-MODEL) (E-02, 19)
2007 Burgman 650 Executive AN650AK7 (’07-MODEL) (E-02, 19, 51)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top