Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not having used my bike for about 18 months, I have taken it to my Suzuki dealership for an inspection and oil and filter change. They also replaced a battery. The very next day, the F1 warning light came on, with the odometer intermittently flashing F1. This happens only after I ride for a while, and when I am stopped for a couple of minutes at a red light. Initially it has difficulty starting, then it rides just fine, but the F1 light stays on.

Questions:
1. Could the mechanic that did the inspection inadvertently switched some wires or did not do something properly, causing this problem? If they did, would they be able to tell, and hopefully repair it for free?

2. Can I just ignore it, as the bike continues to run, more or less just as well?

3. Could the problem be caused by some stale gas that was still in the tank, and the issue may be resolved once I fill the bike with new gas?

Thanks to all of you for your assistance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is exactly the reason why I never take my bike to the mechanic or let it sit for 18 months. You should tell your mechanic about this problem and if he is honest he will fix it for you for free.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Need to see about putting it into dealer mode and see if it codes anything, if not then you may have a loose or corroded connection to the ECM.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts