Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo everybody i have problem with my Burgman 650 2005 the problem is ran normally for 5 minutes, then. the red F1 light came on and seemed to lose power, I could accelerate very slowly, but if I gave it any gas it would just rev and not speed up.
Sorry I can not explain good because I don’t speak good English.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Your english is ok, how's yer cussin? I think yer gonna need it.
do a search here on how to enter dealer mode and get the failure code, tell us what the code is, and have a refreshin beverage while waiting for the diagnosis

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried to do it like this, but it gets stuck in CHEK does not output the code. One of the mechanic says the cvt is gone, I don't believe it.because it doesn't make any noise, the gearbox works normally. the gearbox just disengages itself like N. I suspect the cvt sensor. 🤷

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Locate the dealer plug get a small bit of wire or paperclip start the bike get the FI light on then apply the clip/ wire and see what code you get. Also check your primary shaft bolt is tight they can come loose and you lose drive. A faulty PPS will generally get it stuck in one gear. Check your centre stand switch is not stuck as well this limits it to 1st gear only
This might help

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
That bolt keeps the 'Primary Pulley' housing from rotating. It gets damaged in normal use so we recommend it be inspected every oil change.

Yours has has some damage and is needing replaced but has NOT failed yet. It is most likely not the issue, but can be a sign of an issue in the CVT.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Damaged yes but not sheared off
As Dave says. It goes into a specific slot on the secondary pulley as Dave says. You should be able to see in the hole if it is still lined up. This may help.
Ledudes website is very helpful lots of info and videos.
Check the primary pully bolt as well its under an oval shaped cover on the LH side you need to remove the lower plastics to access it

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
so now do a search here on the primary position sensor and/ or the fault code, and you will find out how much cussin you gotta do

1 - 20 of 23 Posts