Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
just purchased a genuine spare key for 2006 Burgman 650, and key turns but wont start (F1 starts flashing).

Don't know what to do next

Treacle1

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The European Burgmans have the SAIS (Suzuki Advanced Immobilser System) with a transponder in the key that must be "matched" with (programmed to be recognised by) the ECU.

I did not think North American models had the anti-theft system, however as you did not specify your location--who knows...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd suspect that it's the SAIS immobiliser. Forget how long immobiliser have been mandatory in OZ.?

The head of the new key needs to have a chip inside which needs to be paired with the master key (red key). Most manufacturers provide a red master key & a pair of slave key's - the red master key is important & manufacturers recommend putting it in a safe place (not for daily use). The red master key is used to code a new slave key hence why any new key has to have a chip inside it.

It's possible to reverse engineer a slave key to the immobiliser transponder or another slave key using a special electronic device - but it's not cheap...

Any reputable locksmith would check any automotive key that has a non metallic head for the presence of an electronic chip before cutting a new blank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I believe the burgs have the security system installed in Oz. I have owned a 2003 650 previously and a '14 burg currently. Both had it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts