Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have figured out that there is a TPS of some kind (throttle position sensor).
Is there a MAP?
Is there an IAT (Intake air temp sensor)?
Is there a coolant temp sensor?
There is a speed sensor. And O2 sensor.
How about a CPS (crankshaft position sensor)

There is a multi-pinned plug and gizmo in the front dashboard space, is that the "Computer"?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mike, that's a yes to all of those. The bike gathers info from everwhere around the engine and depends on the readings. Both ignition and fuel systems have a map of course. These can be changed too. But there is little point as the bikes is setup for about the best performance you can get with standard parts.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Note that I didn't ask, How can I get more power from my ______________ motorcycle :D
For which the answer for a Burgman 400 would be, get a different bike!
Ride safe y'all

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
mike1nw said:
Note that I didn't ask, How can I get more power from my ______________ motorcycle :D
Ride safe y'all
Just Get Rid of most Stock Parts, Such as Exhaust-Stock, ADD, Power Commander, Hit-Clutch, DPS-Sliders,Air Filter,Exhaust,.

This will give you Better Performance , Faster Take off ,Better Acceleration, then Stock.

there is no way to UPDATE the Stock CPU Map with out a PC-III or some kind of enhancer Override Circuit.

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi Elliot, I haven't had my Burgman for very long and haven't even checked on the ECU but I'm guessing it's the same setup as all the other Suzi's I've had and you can just flash the ecu with a new ignition or fuel map. My dealer did my last Suzi with a new fuel map, no pc111 fitted. You probably don't actually need a PC111 for the Burgman either, just a laptop and the cable. But it's not relevant for Mike anyway. It can however be useful to flash the ecu to help cure rough running or a flat spot on some bikes where you just cannot cure the problem any other way.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was kidding about getting more power from my mighty 24 cubic inch Burger :D
I joined the GStwins forum, a 500 cc bike, people would ask how to get more power from it.
"Get a different bike" is the correct answer :)

RIde safe y'all
Oh, it's about 75 down here in Lower AL so get out and ride :)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Quantum Mechanic said:
Hi Elliot, I haven't had my Burgman for very long and haven't even checked on the ECU but I'm guessing it's the same setup as all the other Suzi's I've had and you can just flash the ecu with a new ignition or fuel map. My dealer did my last Suzi with a new fuel map, no pc111 fitted. You probably don't actually need a PC111 for the Burgman either, just a laptop and the cable. But it's not relevant for Mike anyway. It can however be useful to flash the ecu to help cure rough running or a flat spot on some bikes where you just cannot cure the problem any other way.
I wish somebody would have told me that, i would not spent all that Money on this PC-III :lol:

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
mike1nw said:
Ride safe y'all
So then why ask the questions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts