Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM battery finally died after 8 1/2 yrs. Last month it started acting up and I started keeping it on the smart charger. Well Sat it finally gave up the ghost. So, I ordered a new one on Sun and by Thursday morning the new one was delivered by FedX. I had the old one out and the new one in and running in about 5 mins. First time I have ever had a battery last that long in any type of vehicle. My F.I.L. is in luck also cause his 03 is still going strong on its second battery in 11 yrs.

FYI: the OEM was a FB Super MF FTX-14BS made in Feb 06 by Furukama Battery in Japan.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Gotta love those smart chargers. Best of all buying one is cheaper by half or more than a battery. I got 6 years out of the last battery in my (now sold) 2001 Harley. Normally I'd have bought a new battery at the start of the riding season. Having a battery sit in a bike from mid Nov. to mid March kills them. Now I have a smart charger on both of my scooters and both cars too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm still have the stock battery in my '06 650 and it is still doing fine, although I have to wonder for how much longer. Actually I started wondering two years ago. Just hope it just doesn't give up the ghost all at once with no warning.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm still have the stock battery in my '06 650 and it is still doing fine, although I have to wonder for how much longer. Actually I started wondering two years ago. Just hope it just doesn't give up the ghost all at once with no warning.
The OEM battery in those things is just AMAZING.

Mine is still the original...I'm the second owner. And...last winter I didn't have time to properly prep the machine; it was put up with the battery connected, and no slo-charger.

And I had a move this spring and for a time, the Burg was left behind.

Two weeks ago, I got back to my former hometown and went to load it on the trailer. Easiest way was to ride it up, okay? No real pre-ride prep; just press the starter and hope.

It didn't want to start, as you can imagine; it took a few minutes. But the battery carried it, and MUCH longer than you'd expect ANY cycle battery, much less a seven-year-old one.

I haven't charged it and I've been using the Burg this week. NO issues.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
8.5 years is pretty impressive. It is testament to sticking to OEM parts and using the smart maintenance charger.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts