Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this LED light kit for awhile but only recently had it installed. It has 6 LED strips and can do various colors and flash modes all controlled with a key flob. It should help with visability.

http://www.joeflorida.com/super-bright-72-scooter-kit-multicolor/

Here's a few pictures (sorry they aren't the best):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Looks good, certainly increases being seen. How is it in daylight?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are fairly visible during daylight hours especially if you make them flash. I'd probably leave them on flash during the day and just solid on at night. you do have to remember to turn them on and off with the flob but so far that hasn't been a problem for me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
How do you have them wired? Did you have to drill holes in the plastic? I've been wanting to do this on my 650 and 400 for a while now

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could answer that question but I had the Honda dealer install them. Looks like they just removed the Tupperware and routed the cables around. I haven't had a chance to ride the bike much. Crazy at work, crazy off work, too much going on and not enough free time.

I do like the lights though. It was hard making a decision since there are lots of vendors out there. If you are going to buy this kit and install the lights on the front fender the dealer needed an extension kit. Not sure which one they got but most like the Super Bright 3 Foot Extension Cable - Multicolor x 2

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I too have LED's for visibility and love them.
Check the laws in your state as to colors allowed and if flashing lights are legal though!
Flashing is usually not allowed and Blue and Red are usually limited in where they can be placed or used.
A short Video of my lights... https://youtu.be/NUXoXzENWF0

·
Registered
245 Posts
Extra lights are always a bonus. Flashing aftermarket lights however may draw negative attention from police. Don't know about the laws where you live but in Colorado police don't like flashing after market lights. More so if they're blue, red, or green, colors emergency vehicles use. They accept aftermarket modulating brake lights and turn signals.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
105 Posts
LED taillight on passenger backrest

i have installed an LED light in the center of the plastic on the back of th passenger's backrest. It is a preproduction of a 1950 Pontiac tail light . Bought it from Speedway. About 4 inches in diameter With chrome ring. Looks like it was made for the application. Drill three holes, one for wires, two for th bolts. . Flush mounting. Will post a pic if someone would explain to me how to do it. Works for running and brake light only.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
One way is when replying to or creating a thread scroll down to the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS, press Manage Attachments, select files from your local disc and press upload. Another way is to Add an album to the Photo Gallery. Or if you have files on some public server such as Flickr you can just post a link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts