Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My year is almost up on my 650 and after having the radiator replaced under warranty. I think I would like the extened warranty. Any ideas on what the price is from suzuki ? My dealer doesn't seem interested in selling it. I have asked for a price a couple of times with no response.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I paid about $400 for mine through Suzuki. It is good for 3 more years. It was supposed to be for 4 years but supposedly the time started ticking on the purchase date and not the date I purchased the extended warranty. Any way it looks to be pretty extensive and if I read it correctly if I get rid of the bike before it's up there will be some money coming back.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Roger Buente wrote
It is good for 3 more years. It was supposed to be for 4 years but supposedly the time started ticking on the purchase date and not the date I purchased the extended warranty.
You may want to check with your dealer again, the clock starts ticking after the one year is up on mine, making it a total of four more years

·
Registered
520 Posts
Randy said:
Roger Buente wrote
It is good for 3 more years. It was supposed to be for 4 years but supposedly the time started ticking on the purchase date and not the date I purchased the extended warranty.
You may want to check with your dealer again, the clock starts ticking after the one year is up on mine, making it a total of four more years
If your warranty is a "FACTORY SUZUKI" extended warranty and NOT some aftermarket extended warranty,, Suzuki only offers an additional 3 years TO the original 1 year for a TOTAL of 4 years coverage. Unless of course, Suzuki has changed in the last week OR since I used to sell them?
I would also ONLY recommend buying a Genuine Suzuki Extended Warranty (Suzuki Extended Protection) IF I were to even purchase one. AFTERMARKET Warranty Companies usually fold or deny MOST claims. As a Service Manager for 22 years, I PROMISE you, stick with factory Suzuki IF you buy! Mike :!:

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Dennis, if your dealer does not have any interest in selling the warranty, will he have any interest in honoring it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is the Suzuki extended warranty and as previously explained it is good for a total of 4 years. 1 year on the factory and 3 on the extened. My dealar is very reputable and I have purchased 4 bikes from him over the years.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Dennis Gross said:
My year is almost up on my 650 and after having the radiator replaced under warranty. I think I would like the extened warranty. Any ideas on what the price is from suzuki ? My dealer doesn't seem interested in selling it. I have asked for a price a couple of times with no response.

BEST price is:

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/xcar ... at=&page=1

Print it out and ask your selling dealer to match OR beat it. He will. You should probably consider it with the amount of miles you ride and with the new technology used etc?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That plan looks like the same one I got ( Oneida's price is better) and as listed it is for 48 months .it does not say anything about it being only 3 extra years. mine runs out in 2004
And they are calling it a SEP (Suzuki Extended Protection ) the only name I can find on the contract other then Suzuki's is
" insured by Heritage Indemnity Company".
Does that mean it is not a factory contract :?:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Randy said:
That plan looks like the same one I got ( Oneida's price is better) and as listed it is for 48 months .it does not say anything about it being only 3 extra years. mine runs out in 2004
And they are calling it a SEP (Suzuki Extended Protection ) the only name I can find on the contract other then Suzuki's is
" insured by Heritage Indemnity Company".
Does that mean it is not a factory contract :?:
If the one you are buying says "SEP (Suzuki Extended ", it IS Suzuki. Never heard of "Heritage Indemnity Company"? Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the key is that they are calling it an "extended" warrantee plan, meaning it adds to the existing 1 year "limited" warrantee."

With that it mind, it does not overlap with the warrantee that comes with the bike.

$400 for an additional 3 years of coverage. Why spend the money for sure when you have a chance and a good enough chance that the dealer and whoever is financially backing this contract can both make money?

Insurance is for things that can be high cost. How high can you really expect a repair to be?

Yeah it COULD be $2,000 but if we thought that was likely, would we have bought this thing to begin with?

Furthermore, after year 4, what will you do to mitigate this risk, which by the way will be increased now due to the bike's age?

I say bank the 400 bucks now to help defray repair bills down the road.

Many of the bikes we see for sale have the extended warrantee. What were they thinking? My point is that many things may cause one to sell the bike before the coverage expires. Yes it can be transferred, but the resale value of the bike is only minimally increased, if any at all. It’s most likely a total loss either way.

Yes these things are very complex, but so are our cars and just about any other modern appliance.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
csach1 wrote

"Many of the bikes we see for sale have the extended warrantee. What were they thinking? My point is that many things may cause one to sell the bike before the coverage expires. Yes it can be transferred, but the resale value of the bike is only minimally increased, if any at all. It’s most likely a total loss either way. "

If a buyer is looking a two bikes both with 10,000 miles, both out of the first year factory warranty, one has any extended warranty and one does not. I would suggest the the buyer will buy the one with the extended warranty even if it is a higher in price.
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Buyers of used bikes with an extended warranty should check to make sure the warranty is transferable. It is only transferable ONE time. If you are the third buyer of the bike the extended warranty can not be transferred again.

Does any one know if the third buyer of a bike that is still within the original factory warranty, get a new extended warranty like the one that was offered to the original buyer?

I called the warranty company, they referred me to a dealer. I called a dealer, he referred me to Suzuki customer service. I have not called them yet.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I am not sure,
but Suzuki warrantees the bike, how many owners it has in a year should not make a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine for like half the Price..Reg ws like 500..I offered 250 and said its Fair...Paid Like 7300 out the door with everything..Taxes..4 year insurance...I love the Bike traded a Harley Sporster...96 and all beefed up
Had like 8 bikes thru my life..And the burg Has been the best,,I got the Corbin seat too..My wife liked the Harley better..But after a year of riding on the Burg..She see's whys its so nice..

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I called Suzuki customer service today about my question regarding the third owner and the extended warranty. They referred me back to the extended warranty company. The warranty company said if you are the third owner and the bike is purchased from an individual, you can only get a used bike warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts