Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the exhaust gasket (or connector as parts diagram calls it) at the mid-point where the muffler pipe slips on the the header pipe, and after a short run up the road, I believe it is significantly quieter than it was before. It may also have sqelched some of the rattly- poppy sound the engine makes when it's pulling hard. I'm pretty sure that I evidently had at least a small leak. I used the newer connector gasket for the 08 model that Daboo had recommended--worked perfect.

I was also successfull in getting the 02 sensor unplugged by using a pair of long 45 degree bend needle nose pliars and a pair of medical forceps. Just in case anyone else needs to know, the tab on the side of the connector must be pushed OUT--NOT IN--to unlock it.

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
and you had a pair of medical forceps to hold ???? something aromatic maybe ? like a wd 40 soaked patch ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
This gasket, sometimes called packing is standard replacement item on not just Burgman but also Helix/ReFlex/SilverWing Vespa, etc. I carry spare. Exhaust system (muffler) needs to be removed for tire change.

I'll use a little never seize to make taking off easier and hopefully not hurting the packing. I have learned 'Vespas burn them out-----Helix (had 4) driven wide open for days, burnt one out on me, too.

Burgman I suspect after 4 tire changes or so might do same. Own work can be better than not so careful bike shops.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
helmethead said:
...I was also successfull in getting the 02 sensor unplugged by using a pair of long 45 degree bend needle nose pliars and a pair of medical forceps. Just in case anyone else needs to know, the tab on the side of the connector must be pushed OUT--NOT IN--to unlock it.
Good info. Thanks for passing it on. :thumbup:

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts