Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a straight pipe exhaust made and it is using 1 3/8" inside diameter/ 1.5" outside diameter pipe. I thought they told me it was 1 3/4" OD pipe.
So... I bought a J&P Part: 4410022 4" baffle for 1 3/4" OD to stuff in there to quiet it down. And... it doesn't fit of course since my pipe is actually 1.5" OD.

So the way I see I have two options:
1. Is there a way that a local exhaust shop can expand the OD of my exhaust pipe by 1/4"? I'd just need that for the one to two inches of the "fatter" part of this baffle, not the whole pipe. Essentially making the tip of my exhaust pipe 1 3/4" OD instead of the rest at 1.5".

2. Contact J&P customer service and have them send me 4410020 for the 1.5" OD pipe? It'll take some time to send them back and forth though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yes I would think that a local exhaust shop would be able to expand your pipes for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Took it down to Exhaust Authority in Plano and they had this miraculous machine that expanded the metal like it was blowing up a balloon. Cool!
Baffle is in and idling db reading is now at about 70 measured with an app on my phone while standing about a foot behind the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts