Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It is different. It is a powered windshield on the Exec and the securing arrangement will not allow a non exec screen to be fitted.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Anyone have a picture of an executive screen? Preferably off the bike. I'd like to see how it attaches.

If an executive owner wants a taller/wider screen, then maybe they could get a non-drilled screen from Givi or Clearview and make their own holes.

Then again I haven't heard any of the executive owners complain about their screens. Perhaps the adjustment range solves all the wind problems the standard non-exec screen has.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
4DThinker said:
If an executive owner wants a taller/wider screen, then maybe they could get a non-drilled screen from Givi or Clearview and make their own holes.
There's a good chance that a regular screen may not fit even if you drill the holes yourself since there may be a difference in the currve of the base of the shield.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unfortunately the 650 Executive windscreen has a different curvature than the current 650 windscreen. I attempted to install the current 650 Givi windscreen on the Executive and was unable to as it appears that the black plastic pieces that cover the mounting holes need a flatter surface than the current 650 Givi windscreen. The mounting holes do not match but that could have easily been overcome with a drill/bit if it were not for the other issue. I guess that we will have to wait to see if Givi will market a windscreen for the Executive in the future.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So that's both Givi and Clearview that don't make a winshield for the 05 Exec.
Do we have any other options apart from staying with the stock windshield?

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
My Suzuki parts guy here in Nanaimo had a conversation with the regional representative for Suzuki Canada and was informed by the rep. that there are no after market suppliers of windscreens for the Executive and that there our no plans for Suzuki to produce an optional windscreen for the Executive. It is unfortunate that we have to live with the OME windscreen as it is the only downside to the Executive. Maybe there is some way that we can persuade Givi to produce a windscreen?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
If they follow form, once the Exec is available in North America in large numbers, Clearview will not be far behind with optional screens.

With only 30 of them in Canada right now, it probably is too small of a market for them to tool up for.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I going up to Nanaimo to visit Alburg tomorrow for the day with my Wife to celebrate CANADA DAY. :D

My 650 Burgman has the extra-tall Suzuki windshield mounted on it. I'm going to remove it and try installing it on his new Executive. This is the best way to find out for certain whether the old windshield fits the Executive or not.

If it does fit, it will also let Al know whether the extra-tall Suzuki windshield would give him enough protection or not. It would also indicate that the GIVI model the dealer brought in for him was incorrect.

So stay tuned! 8)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hey Cap,

When did you get the sidecar? How do you like it? Etc.

(Seperate thread, maybe.)

·
Registered
296 Posts
vfdcaptain and I removed our windscreens yesterday and I am pleased to say that the Suzuki tall windscreen fits the Executive with the exception that the bottom 2 bolt mounting holes are in the wrong place. The top 2 bolt mounting holes are dead on as well as the holes for mounting the black cover piece for the windscreen.

I will contact Clearview Shields following the July 4th. holiday to determine if the curvature of the Clearview windscreen where the mounting holes are is the same as the OME AN650 windscreen, they should be. If someone knows the answer to my question I would be pleased to be informed.

If Clearview can make the windscreen without the 2 bolt mounting holes at the bottom of the windscreen I think we may have found the solution to the Executive windscreen dilemma. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, at last we have solved the mystery revolving around the Executive's windshield. :D

I don't think it should be a problem having Clearview not drill the bottom holes, or we could provide them with a template. Then they could make a windshield that would fit the '05 Executive Burgman fairly easily. That would make a lot of people happy, since a number of owners complain about their short & narrow windshields.

I'm about to order a Clearview (with vent) next week for my '03 Burgy since I'm fed up with the wind buffeting and noise. :cry:

Yesterday, while on the ice cream run to Coombs (Wes, you're not the only one who likes good ice cream), my Wife rode on the back of Al's bike to see if she liked leaning against his GIVI top box. She had found my present backrest too short for her liking. This morning I ordered a black GIVI E-52 Maxia (with the lights already installed) from Harbour City Motorcycles in Nanaimo. I hope to have it before next week.

Had a wonderful two days riding with Al & his darling Wife. They looked after us very, very well. Maybe they should open a Bed & Breakfast - but then they wouldn't have time to ride! :lol:

Thanks Al & Jan!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Brian said:
Hey Cap,

When did you get the sidecar? How do you like it? Etc.

(Seperate thread, maybe.)
Hi Brian,

That is the Chickman's new bike and sidecar.

Hen Min and his Wife graciously hosted us in Honolulu when we went to Hawaii for our 30th Anniversary cruise at the beginning of May. We had an awesome time with them (before & after the cruise) and were privileged to see many things that we would not otherwise see if it hadn't been for them. Extemely nice & friendly people! :)

While we were at sea, his modified bike arrived from the Texas Sidecar factory on the mainland. He eagerly took each of us for a ride before we had to leave for our flight home. It rode very nicely. Just have to get used to the different steering and braking inputs. I know he is thoroughly enjoying his new Burgy. :D

The downside is that ever since we arrived home, my Wife has been hounding me to get a sidecar, but I like my Burgy the way it is. 8) Leaning into the corners is half the fun! :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts