Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a Corbin seat for my 2016 Burgman 650 Executive.

It has heated seats and grips. But Corbin doesn't offer the heated seat for my model. They said I will lose that function, so I guess they will disconnect it somehow (I will talk to one of their installers tomorrow to see if I can verify).

My question is, will disconnecting the seat affect the heated grips? I LOVE the heated grips and don't want to lose that function.

I'm trying to get an answer from a dealer and thought I would canvas the assembled wisdom here.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
17,398 Posts
Not sure if Corbin could remove the stock heat pad and put it in the new seat. but a good upholstery shop should be able to....

·
Registered
870 Posts
One has to wonder what's so difficult about installing their own heated pad in the seat. Doesn't seem like it would be that different from previous models.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
I am about to buy a Corbin seat for my 2016 Burgman 650 Executive.

It has heated seats and grips. But Corbin doesn't offer the heated seat for my model. They said I will lose that function, so I guess they will disconnect it somehow (I will talk to one of their installers tomorrow to see if I can verify).

My question is, will disconnecting the seat affect the heated grips? I LOVE the heated grips and don't want to lose that function.

I'm trying to get an answer from a dealer and thought I would canvas the assembled wisdom here.

Thanks!
DelrayBeacher I feel your pain. I really wanted a Corbin seat on mine but I would not give up the heated seat feature to get it. I've loosely looked at finding someone to try to do a custom seat using the original heating element but haven't seen it yet. If I had any talent in that field, I would try to do it myself. The heated grips as mentioned byflash2002 above, I am pretty sure they are on separate circuit from the seat. I had looked at the schematic some time back when I was trying to figure out what to do for my bike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I am pretty sure they are on separate circuit from the seat. I had looked at the schematic some time back"

That's encouraging, thank you.

I will ask the installer to disconnect the seat circuit but leave it available if I put the stock seat back someday, since I may end up keeping the Corbin longer than the Burgman (if the Burgman 650 is indeed going the way of the dinosaurs, I will probably want a low mileage '18/'19 in about two years).

In South Florida, we get 50-degree nights in January and February and the heated grips feel great. On the "high" setting they are almost too hot to touch; I'm guessing they are made to be felt through gloves.

On the other hand, the Burgman's heated seat has always felt lukewarm to me -- literally lukewarm, it never seems to get hot.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
"I am pretty sure they are on separate circuit from the seat. I had looked at the schematic some time back"

That's encouraging, thank you.

I will ask the installer to disconnect the seat circuit but leave it available if I put the stock seat back someday, since I may end up keeping the Corbin longer than the Burgman (if the Burgman 650 is indeed going the way of the dinosaurs, I will probably want a low mileage '18/'19 in about two years).

In South Florida, we get 50-degree nights in January and February and the heated grips feel great. On the "high" setting they are almost too hot to touch; I'm guessing they are made to be felt through gloves.

On the other hand, the Burgman's heated seat has always felt lukewarm to me -- literally lukewarm, it never seems to get hot.
I use the heated seat sort of regularly. My opinion is that it works pretty well. A typical winter AM winter morning work ride can be down to the mid teens. There have been several times I have wished there was a low setting on the heat control. Either mine works very well or I am too sensitive in that region.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's an easy check. Just unplug the seat heat connector under the seat. Then try the heated grips (remember you have to be moving for those to work!!!). I think you'll find they work just fine. Unplugging the seat heat connector is just like turning the function off.

·
Super Moderator
5,416 Posts
I don't understand this heated seat thing, I mean, there's always plenty of hot air blowin around down there:poop:. Uh:oops:,, cause your sittin on the engine!!:giggle: yeah that's it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"It's an easy check. Just unplug the seat heat connector under the seat .... I think you'll find they work just fine."

You are correct, sir. And thank you.

I thought of unplugging that before but was looking for the connection in front of the battery, which doesn't want to be unplugged (photo ... heat circuit on the left; light circuit on the right).

The place to unplug is located under the back of the rider's seat (second photo). I unplugged it and the heated grips work fine, which I'm grateful for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you want to sell your heated seat I would be interested, please reply or text me at 815-531-9481

1 - 11 of 11 Posts