Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Executive and Standard different batteries ? YUASA

Some sites just offer one YYX14-S for both (including my dealer)

Another site says Standard YTX14H-BS
Executive YTX14-BS

What gives with that ? Any one ? :help:

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I went to the Yuasa site and they show that both batteries can be used for any 650. The difference in the two seems to be the YTX14H has 240 cca and the YTX14 has 200 cca. All the other specs like case size and terminal location are the same.

They do recommend you use the factory activated YTX14H and YTX14 instead of the YTX14H-BS and YTX14-BS electrolyte bottle supplied versions.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Yuasa site and they show that both batteries can be used for any 650. The difference in the two seems to be the YTX14H has 240 cca and the YTX14 has 200 cca. All the other specs like case size and terminal location are the same.

They do recommend you use the factory activated YTX14H and YTX14 instead of the YTX14H-BS and YTX14-BS electrolyte bottle supplied versions.
I'll stop at the dealer tomorrow and see exactly what they have , I talked to a counter guy over the phone today , so the likelihood of getting correct info is some what doubtful ? Thanks for the help , really appreciate it .
By the way the Yuasa site does have the 240 listed but you can't buy it :confused:. All this to get a battery ? :rolleyes:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
The FSM lists part # FTX14-BS for all years and models '03-'09, not sure about others since that's what my FSM copy covers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
BatteryStuff.com has five models for the AN650, $72 - $229. They don't mention the Executive specifically, so I assume they're the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts