Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Exaust temp after a 20 min. city ride

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ChipDoc 
#1 · (Edited)
Today i got this infrared temperture gauge for my RC HPI Firestorm toy and was curious about the Burgman so:

222 F or 105 C. is the exaust temp. I now understand why the cover sometimes gets melted! haha.

#2 ·
Next you can check tire temperature at different air pressures. That is one way to help decide what the best tire pressure.:)

#3 · (Edited)
Ooo, homework assignment Fernando. I'd bet we'd all be interested.

But what is optimum? I suppose it would be dependent on what type of riding you want to do. Hotter and thus stickier for twisties; Cooler for less tire wear for highway? I'm a knowledge sponge if anyone knows.

#4 ·
I would think you would want them to run as cool as possible after they worm up. That way you would have the lest amount of drag. I don't know but food for tought ?:cool:

#7 ·
There are pros and cons of a short edit time, this one of the cons. I'm sure you knew I meant warm. :oops: The spell check won't help when you make a different word that is spelled right. ;)

#8 ·
Not a one of us never makes a mistake; I'm sure everyone here knew you meant warm. But the images of someone riding on tires that were wormed up was just too much of a low-hanging fruit not to pluck.

I see you're in St Pete. Ever go to Quaker Steak on Wednesday nights?

#9 ·
I would have to have made a comment also. No I don't go to Quaker Steak & lube on Wednesday nights. A few of our club members(St Pete Scooter Club) and myself buy 250 McDonald's hamburgers and hand them out to the homeless downtown St Pete on Wednesday nights. McDonald's gives us a real good discount knowing what we do with them. :D Our club meets at Biff Burger on 49th. st. on Thursday nights at 6:00 and go for a ride around 7:00. You are welcome to come over and go for a ride with us anytime you like. Here is a link to our calendar.
http://www.meetup.com/st-petersburg-scooter-club/events/calendar/#calendar

#15 ·
I would have to have made a comment also. No I don't go to Quaker Steak & lube on Wednesday nights. A few of our club members(St Pete Scooter Club) and myself buy 250 McDonald's hamburgers and hand them out to the homeless downtown St Pete on Wednesday nights. McDonald's gives us a real good discount knowing what we do with them. :D Our club meets at Biff Burger on 49th. st. on Thursday nights at 6:00 and go for a ride around 7:00. You are welcome to come over and go for a ride with us anytime you like. Here is a link to our calendar.
http://www.meetup.com/st-petersburg-scooter-club/events/calendar/#calendar
Feeding the homeless is very commendable but doing it with mac donalds hamburgers i think can be a mistake, as the homeless definitely wont be able to pay their medical bills due to malnutrition from the burgers LOL:p

#10 ·
Today i got this infrared temperture gauge for my RC HPI Firestorm toy and was curious about the Burgman so:

222 F or 105 C. is the exaust temp. I now understand why the cover sometimes gets melted! haha.
Now, am I missing something here? It says that he's taling about the exhaust/muffler temperature and about the melting that sometimes happens to the plastic parts.

How did this thread get on tire temps?

#11 ·
motorcycle covers with no heat protection on the exhaust, happen to get melted.

#12 ·
happytech, I don't know how you missed it. If you read the vary first reply (by me infact) you would know how this thread got on tire temps.
Fernando said he got an infrared temperature gauge he was curious about the Burgman so he checked his exhaust temp. I told him to also check tire temperature at different air pressures. I thought the thread was just about playing around with his new infrared temperature gauge.

#13 ·
that's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.