Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous day today, so I headed north to the Voyageurs National Park by the Canadian border. Every time I stopped somewhere today someone came over to the bike. I'm useto the guys gathering around at gas stations and the like when I'm just trying to get some place, and then hearing "Cool... bike, what is it?"

The first place I stopped (small town grocery store), a guy leaving the parking lot turned around and pulled up beside me. He leaned out the window and asked "do you call that a bike or a scooter". I was ready for the talk about why it's a scooter when he said he's been really interested in the Burgman's, but has never seen one. We had a good talk, rather than the "what is it" talk. Told him about the site.

Second stop, (roadside marker), a guy with an unmistakeable smirk came over, looked the bike up and down, then said "those Burgman's are a blast, aren't they?" He is a Silverwing owner. Said he loves his scooter. Had a short talk, and told him about the site.

Third stop, (Kabatogama Visitor's Center), saw a guy making a straight line for me. He looked my bike up and down, then asks what kind of mileage with this thing and where do you get them at. Turns out he has been researching scooters, and was looking at a Helix to commute with from there to International Falls. Talked alittle, pointed him toward a few dealers with stock to check out the different brands, and then told him about this site.

Forth Stop, (Ash River Visitor's Center), a park ranger said she watched me coming in. She said beautiful bike, beautiful day, and she wished she was off instead of stuck at work. She didn't care if it was a scooter or a bike, she was staring out the window thinking of a roadtrip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ditto

I recently rode my bike to Springfield, Illinois for a Remember 9/11 Rally. The night before the rally I was at a convenience store when a gentleman walked up and asked me about the bike. Turned out he had just recently bought a Honda Reflex and wanted to know why I bought a 650. I confessed that the 650 was a little big for what I use it for, mostly to and from work about a 3 mile drive each way, but for trips like this it was great. By the way there were about 2,000 motorcycles at the rally, but I did find one other Burgman 650. That bike had been turned into a trike. Now my wife wants me to do the same so she can ride my Burgman.
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts