Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever wonder why

those formations of birds migrating in vee patterns always had one leg of the vee longer than the other ?

answer this and ask what you wonder about, who knows? a burger might have the answer

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after a lot of research and time apparently wasted, the best answer I could get on the web is

one is longer tan the other because its got more birds in it :oops:

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
HaaaHAhahaha! Logical answer there Mikey, if not obvious. This is my hair brained idea gathered together from years of TV watchin'. I knew it would pay off someday. The lead bird creates a low pressure zone behind itself, sort of like riding a little to close to a large vehicles' rear bumper. We don't have to cut our own path. Well, I think the birds do the same thing only after a while the lead bird tires and falls to the rear while the second bird has his shot at trail blazing. If the birds fall off to the rear on the same side or choose their side the V is going to be out of balance. I don't think it is important to them that they look like a flight of Thunder Chiefs, only that one bird at a time tires out. I don't know if the above is a true statement but it sounds like I know what I'm talking about, right? :D

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang, booted,

lost train of thought ,

oh, birds in longest line should have smoothest air so only one line
airplanes and helicpters don't fly well in each others dirty air

and what's with all the honking? backseat driving> asking are we there yet > trying to pass?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
What I wonder about, is why all of that flying, why hasn't any of them figured out that if they stay in the south, they wouldn't have to FLY FOR A ZILLION STINKING HOURS every year. :| And be warm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts