Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have or had a top box on my Xciting 500. I left a friends house and took my helmet from the back of it. I drove up the road, about 5 miles, to meet the GF at a bar for a drink.

I take off my helmet and go to place it in the top box. ONLY THE TOP BOX IS GONE!!! :confused::confused:

I drove back the way I came 3 times looking for it and it was gone.

Still not a clue what happened to it. :angry5:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have or had a top box on my Xciting 500. I left a friends house and took my helmet from the back of it. I drove up the road, about 5 miles, to meet the GF at a bar for a drink.

I take off my helmet and go to place it in the top box. ONLY THE TOP BOX IS GONE!!! :confused::confused:

I drove back the way I came 3 times looking for it and it was gone.

Still not a clue what happened to it. :angry5:
That's Simple Houndguy, Somebody Stold it, There Top box may have been broken or Stolen and seen yours and Took it? It happens in the black market now days when somebody need car parts, or Bike Parts , hire some one to go out and steal your Starter or Catalyst Converter, People can't afford one so trey Pay some one to go out and Steal one for Cheap! It happened to a friend of mines he went to the horse Race Track, Somebody got his Catalyst Converter, right out from under his Truck.:cussing:

You Have to really watch your Stuff now days!! Example: Some Person may have Crashed His NINJA Motorcycle and Smashed up His Fairing, So rather to Purchase $$$ One He will Hire Some one to Keep a look out for a NINJA Motorcycle Fairing, So some Person having a great day go's out to a Movie or Mall, Having a great day and the person Hired, Spots the NINJA Motorcycle Steals the Fairing. takes it back to the Person who crashed his NINJA Motorcycle and gets paid $ Cheap for the Fairing he just Stolen. It Happens?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Didn't happen to me, but I was out on my KLR 650 and riding behind another KRL 650 riding on rough dirt trails and his trunk came flying off. We were at a pretty good clip with a lot of dust, it bounced and flew up into the air, I thought he had crashed. When I finally caught up to him we went back to get the trunk, it was in pretty bad shape, we took what was inside it and left it for someone else. It was that cheap JC Whitney's one with that not to good mounting plate, if it was a Givi like mine he still would have it today. We did get a big laugh out of it, or I did.

John

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Didn't happen to me, but I was out on my KLR 650 and riding behind another KRL 650 riding on rough dirt trails and his trunk came flying off. We were at a pretty good clip with a lot of dust, it bounced and flew up into the air, I thought he had crashed. When I finally caught up to him we went back to get the trunk, it was in pretty bad shape, we took what was inside it and left it for someone else. It was that cheap JC Whitney's one with that not to good mounting plate, if it was a Givi like mine he still would have it today. We did get a big laugh out of it, or I did.

John
Yeap!! you have to spend Good Money for a Good One Today!! trainman,
Buy Cheap and you Pay?:dontknow: probably made in the Mainland China some where

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

John
Me echo same as you, if cheap made in China garbage it probably in million piece if car hit it, if it GIVI case probably good still and someone pick GIVI case up.

Rarely hear of GIVI fall off, well perhaps only if not lock in correctly to base when install.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
A Givi case can come of the mounting bracket - but only if the user does not latch it fully.

I cannot vouch for the cheaper emulations. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts