Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
22,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After me working yesterday to get my old Goldwing out to the front of the house, today we loaded it on a trailer but not without issues. We broke a strap while winching it up the ramp and I was able to get a chock block behind the rear tire but the straps ratchet popped me in my shin. Left a nice mark.

Then as we were strapping it down, my neighbor came over and asked if I could help him get a woodworking 18 inch drum sander off his truck, so the Goldwing buyer and I went over to help.

As I was pulling the right front leg forward so GW Buyer could grab the right rear leg, neighbor also pulled his left front leg off the tailgate. Well this 285 pound drum sander flipped forward and my head saved it from hitting the ground. Got a 2 inch gash on my forehead, a mild concussion and a sprained neck. 5 Butterfly stitches closed it up.
Neighbor broke his finger.

Camera accessory Home appliance Table Cameras & optics Gas

• Wow
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
All I can say is if it was recorded on a video and you put it on TikTok you would have over a million views by now! I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Well that bites. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Hope you're better quickly.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Administrator
22,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I closed this thread. Thanks for the 'Get Betters'.

Urgent Care Doc told me the same thing other doc's have in the past. This is my 7th or 8th concussion that I can remember.

Today I am doing better. My headache is almost gone and blurry vision and vertigo is much less. Neck is sore as (censored).

New (to him) Goldwing owner is kind of happy. He got the bike off the trailer using gravity. He removed dead battery, topped it off with distilled water and put it on a battery recovery type charger and so far its holding a charge.
Changed the oil, put gas in the tank, hooked up the battery and it started on the 5th try.

Runs a bit rough but He moved it forward on the hand dolly front end up his long driveway so the clutch works but rear brakes are locked open so only front brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.