Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Fall's dealership tune-up left my '08 AN650 idling too low on cold start, so I looked in my maintenance manual ('03 with blue inserts through '09) and found there would be an easy-peasy idle adjustment knob under the center engine cover. So I tossed the book aside and pulled the cover off. No knob. Now I understand that, on the '08, it is a "high idle" (vs. low idle) screw adjustment somewhere on the carb(s?).,,Well, if it's that touchy, I'll take it back to the tune-up shop and get him to unmuck it. I assume the carbs will have to be rebalanced etc.

BUT when I went to put the engine cover back on, I found one of the two side clips (little u-shaped white plastic bits) fell apart on removal. I don't see anywhere in the book that tells me what that part number would be, grr.

Can anybody tell me where / how to get replacement cover clips?

Thanks in advance, Chas

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Time to get you into the fold looking up your own parts. Start with your VIN, BUILD DATE. A good reputable online seller.. ronayers.com they host Suzuki parts with graphics and part numbers. With part numbers in hand you can shop. The more you use the graphical interface the easier it is. Don't give up if your having trouble, call their staff. There are many sellers involved doing the same thing, just 1 I've used with good success. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Only early models had a idle adjustment screw 2002-2006. In 2007-2018 the idle is computer controlled. There is a procedure In the service manual using a scan tool called ISC VALVE PRE-SET to reset it if the valve has been replaced. This is listed under the 2007 model year addendum. You might try a battery disconnect for a bit and see if clearing the memory helps.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
The Suzuki part number is 09409-08326 but the same clips are used on several cars and can be bought cheaper. The Auveco part number is 21284. Not too long ago I bought a bunch direct from China on Ali Express. They are used on the triangular nose piece, rocker panels (in link maccecht posted) and maintenance cover. Always good to have some spares.

Reactions: chaslittell
1 - 7 of 7 Posts