Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I attended this rally last year. Good rally, nice folks. Got a little ribbing on the fact that this is a Euro Rally and I was on a non-euro bike (I was on my Burgman 650). Interestingly I got a lot of interest about my bike in general - seems as if a lot of older guys are considering going to a maxi-scooter in the near future due to the onset of medical problems. Even more interesting is that they had pretty much ruled out the BMW maxi-scooters for one reason or another. I was hearing the the engines were not reliable from many of these guys, many of them were unhappy with BMW in general and these were people who had been BMW riders for years.

I didn't go on any of the rides that the rally offered last year as I got sick with a bad cold and spent the rally sitting around and suffering but I did talk with people after they came back from the rides. It seemed to me that everyone enjoyed them - no exceptions. The fellowship of the rally was exceptional, everyone was friendly.

Camping was available in the park the rally was centered in, the camping fee is part of the rally fee. Know that the weather is normal for this part of Kentucky, they have been rained on almost every year they have had this rally - over 10 years as I remember. There are a couple of hotels/motels close by but they are pretty much full up during the rally. Make reservations early.

At this time, I plan on attending again this year.

Doug

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good report. Burkesville is a perfect spot and I guess rally dates might be hard to work in plus the fact that everyone is itching to ride so they just hope the weather will cooperate. Friends go to a Guzzi rally near Frankfort in the Fall and usually get wet there too for some reason.

Usually BMW rallys are a fun place to go and not snobbish as you might think.

BMW may eventually get their scooters right but the Burgman just has major market opportunities if their dealers would show some interest.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just noticed something. If you look at the video that they posted on the website that shows last years rally (2014) the second picture is of me, the guy with a black leather coat and a ball cap. How 'bout that? Quite a handsome guy, no?

Doug

·
Registered
765 Posts
I attended this rally last year. Good rally, nice folks.
Doug, I live 63 miles from Burkesville. I ride through there several times a year. I was thinking I might ride up just for the day, say on Friday or Saturday. You think it would be ok to just meander around the site a bit. I wouldn't sign up for the event .... just hang out and see euro bikes, and stop at my favorite dairy barn ice cream place. It would basically be a "drop in".

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Doug, I live 63 miles from Burkesville. I ride through there several times a year. I was thinking I might ride up just for the day, say on Friday or Saturday. You think it would be ok to just meander around the site a bit. I wouldn't sign up for the event .... just hang out and see euro bikes, and stop at my favorite dairy barn ice cream place. It would basically be a "drop in".

Sirkitrider
There were a couple of riders who I think did just what you are talking about. They didn't take attendance and I didn't see anyone checking our plastic bracelets. But as someone said in another followup, there is a one day pass available for $25 (last years price, this year may be different).

Doug

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, you are not far away at all. A nice ride and a meal!

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
At the rally last year I was told (during a heavy rain shower) that it is almost tradition for the Burkesville to have rain during the rally every year. Almost everyone at the rally comes ready for rain. Almost everyone camps too. They are a durable bunch. And they have good attendance too. There were several hundred riders there last year.

Doug

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe the forecast will change for the better. I believe I would change the date if it turned into a wet rally every year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts