Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for the Holy Grail of windscreens (stock to Givi AF266, to 7 Jurock, to cut down stock screen, to 7 Jurock with x-creen, back to 7 Jurock) I have come across the Ermax sport screen for the Burgman 400. This is a French manufacturer whose screens are now being imported to the US. (http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Sport-Screen-Windshield-for-Suzuki-Burgman-400-06-13_p_3844.html).

Frogspecialties.com has been importing Ermax screens to the west coast for a while, but primarily for sport bikes. They tell me they have never imported a scooter screen. MotoMachines doesn't have the Burgman screen in stock, so will have to special order it.

I'm wondering if there are any BurgmanUSA members across the pond who have any experience with these screens?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an Ermax on my wifes Honda PCX 150. I rode that before I purchased the Burgman and I really liked it, especially in comparison to the stock windshield on the PCX:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it the sport windshield or one of the higher shields?

Where did you purchase the windshield?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi H3,
I have recently bought a 650 (exec) with Ermax screen, plus original in a box.
The supplied Ermax is OK, but a little too short for me, I'm 6foot 1 but it does protect the hands better than the original and it is only missing an inch or so I think.

I JUST ORDERED A +18 ERMAX to replace the std. Screen, should be here in a few days, (18 cm higher) so I'll let you know how it compares. Maybe you could have the old one if you want to pick up shipping?

Gérard

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
No chance a 650 windshield would fit a 400. Totally different mounting system.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I had a 7 Jurock on my 07 400 when I owned it. Very good windshield but than anything is better than the stock one on a 400. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. It is better than stock. Very good weather protection. Barely flexes at highway speeds. My only issue with it is that I get a lot of wind noise in my helmet. I have a Shoei Qwest. On a bike without a windshield it's very quiet. But not with the 7 Jurock. The air flow hits it at just the wrong place. I'm hoping the Ermax sport will work out.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice screen. Have not come across that make before, but way too tall for me. That's why I'm looking at the Ermax sport shield.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Ermax 2013 Burgman 650 measurements

The original screens are the same dimensions as OEM. The tall screens are about
15cm taller than stock and are generally wider for more wind protection. The
sport screen is smaller than the original screen on your bike offering less wind
protection and is more slanted. It is about 10cm shorter than stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How is it compare to stock? I like the short screen for my Burgman 650 too. Does is ok for highway ride? I'm concern that it will create turbulence to make your helmet shake? or it better than stock

Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts