Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new Ermax +18 windshield.
Very well packed - (HUGE box and masses of air cushions!)

Size is well over the original seems to be +18 cm on height and on width.
Will measure better when I get a chance.

The hand protection looks remarkably serious.

Not sure whether this will better or worsen the drag factor though!

Can't think how to get it home now (it was delivered to my office because it was unlikely to fit through letterbox without heat or mechanical persuasion) so I guess I'll have to change screens on the parking lot.

I'll post a photo when it's done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to Le Dude's videos, changing screen was a doddle.

The new screen is much bigger than the original (+14cm in width +18cm in height), and protection is far superior.

On the downside - I am now looking through the windscreen (which is very clear), despite my 6 foot 1 frame - So if I lower my visor I'm looking through two layers of polycarbonate.

That is not so bad since the noise and turbulence are now so low that I keep forgetting to lower the visor anyway, it has become virtually unrequired and now I have no visor fogging problems to worry about!

From a protection point of view, only the outside of my sleeves seem to be exposed, but with the screen in it's highest position (quietest ride) I'm not sure how well the hand protection is working. I guess I'll have to try riding a while without gloves to test.

Despite the through the screen viewpoint, I'm well pleased with this purchase and it will stay in place at least until the screen receives enough scratches to reduce visibility.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an Ermax sport screen on order for my 400. The USA vendor estimated 2-5 weeks for delivery.

What is your impression as to the quality of the Ermax screen? Did all the mounting points line up without alteration?

Ermax does not appear to be widely available in the US. What is the reputation of the company in France?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manufacture was faultless (probably due to CNC machines these days) everything lined up a treat, and the screen is optically as good as it can be for a curved refracting surface.
We have a plight of May bugs here at the moment so daily cleaning has been required, but has left no scratches.
I spoke with our Suzuki distributer here the other day who says that an Ermax screen is always a plus point when they sell a secondhand machine.

Certainly for the 103 Euros, inc courrier delivery, seems very well spent, and I'm loving the quieter ride (which was principal reason for choice)

I only have one reservation, which is that this is one big surface to be attached with just the four screws to what seems quite a flimsy two rail support.

One thing to watch out for is not to drop the washers from behind the mounting screws, into the grills around the dash panel! I did it on one side and have still not found the b----r!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice to hear about the quality of the product. Hopefully, Ermax did their homework and that the four screws are adequate for the larger screen!

I've dropped my fair share of metal bits into various vehicle nooks and crannies. Those magnetic retrieving tools have save me on more than one occasion. I did have one wellnut that was MIA for months, then dropped out of the bodywork as I was removing the headlight cluster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can I ask if you can post a photo or two ? Id love to ensure it has the hands protection Im looking for (willing to buy it myself, thanks for saving my money, in case ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops, just saw your message MaxMi, it's too dark to take photos now but I'll try lunchtime tomrrow!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks mate, Ill appreciate that. Hoping to give voice to anyone else share my doubts, Im looking into hands protection when extented. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts