Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the EOS mounts and they are some what flimsy , but that wasn't the biggest of their problems . The bottom mushroom bolt part hooks up fine with my new KAPPA 21's , the top is where the problem lies . There is at least 1/4 inch slop where the top EOS male slides into the female locking devise on the KAPPA saddle bags . I don't know how the other ones are but these EOS units are defective in that regard . I'll have to figure out a shim of some kind to prevent them from rattling around . :mad:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
are you sure you know how to mount them?

start by clicking the bags in place with the mushrooms loose at the bottom.
Once the bag is secured at the top, push up the mushrooms from below until they are super tight and tighten them... that should take out your slack.

The OES have some adjustability built into them where the mushrooms go.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

Once the bag is secured at the top, push up the mushrooms from below until they are super tight and tighten them... that should take out your slack.

good luck.
I will bet the OP has the "mushrooms" all the way down. With them there, they look like they fit properly. I made that mistake.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

good luck.
I did that and it was so tight I could hardly get it in , no go , still has a 1/4 inch horizontal slop . I took the trunk off which has the KAPPA universal plate and tried the Kappa 21’s in it , it snapped in tight as a drum so it’s not the side bags .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will bet the OP has the "mushrooms" all the way down. With them there, they look like they fit properly. I made that mistake.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
I don't know what the OP is , but I have the mushrooms almost all the way to the top .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I don't know what the OP is , but I have the mushrooms almost all the way to the top .

TheReaper!
All I know is that I like my mushrooms sauteed in garlic & butter.!! YUMMY!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Got the EOS mounts and they are some what flimsy , but that wasn't the biggest of their problems . The bottom mushroom bolt part hooks up fine with my new KAPPA 21's , the top is where the problem lies . There is at least 1/4 inch slop where the top EOS male slides into the female locking devise on the KAPPA saddle bags . I don't know how the other ones are but these EOS units are defective in that regard . I'll have to figure out a shim of some kind to prevent them from rattling around . :mad:
Sounds like slop in the striker allowing the bags to move in/out. Go to either a auto parts or hardware store and buy some rubber bumpers that can go between the cases and the brackets to keep things tight.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like slop in the striker allowing the bags to move in/out. Go to either a auto parts or hardware store and buy some rubber bumpers that can go between the cases and the brackets to keep things tight.
That is what I'm planning to do today , but that is EXACTLY what I shouldn't have to do . The bags and the brackets should mate up like my x wife and a foaming at the mouth pit bull . If some one goes through the trouble to manufacture these brackets , why not do it right ? What we are talking about here is a striker that is 1/4 inch to long .

Like I said above , both of these side bags mate up perfectly with the KAPPA trunk plate and tight as a drum . So it's not on the GIVI / KAPPA side of the equation . And by the way before Ledude even suggested it , I fooled around for an hour or two with the mushrooms on the vertical adjustments , but when the striker is to long it's to long .

On another note the KAPPA trunk is pretty nice , I would say slightly nicer than my SHAD 45 on my Tmax . While the side bags are a little flimsy and take a little squeeze to get the tops to proper alignment to close , they are still worth the price of $150 . What I don't like about the top or sides is you have to use the keys to lock them and unlock them to get into them (PIA) .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stopped at an auto parts store and found a big fat zero , I came home and dug around a little a found
some industrial packing foam sitting on a shelf in my little parts department . I sliced off a few strips and
it worked , at least for now . The stuff is really dense so it may hold up ? I thought about some rubber car door
guards ? Any thoughts from the peanut gallery are welcome .

I have a couple more things to do and it will be road ready . I have to do a couple of filters , install the Laminar lip
and flush the radiator . What do you burgers think so far ? not bad for 3K ?

If you look close between the frame and the case you’ll see the foam .

The next pics are just to see how the entire package looks installed .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Something like these stick on ones?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That might work

Those might work , there's an ACE by my gym I'll check it out tomorrow . Thanks for the input , much appreciated .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Reaper, I see what you are talking about now. Yes, my bags rattle on the mounts too. I am going to use some sort of foam (or even the little soft plastic buttons like in the post above) to make mine tighter too. I am sorry, I misunderstood what you were talking about. And no, my bags don't fit on these racks like they do on my V-Strom with the Givi racks. But then again, I didn't pay anywhere near as much for these racks as I did for the Givi's on my V-Strom either. I do think with a little "help" these racks will do okay for my needs. If not, then these will be a $150 learning experience. I don't think my bags are going to come off while I am riding with them on. They are just a little noisy.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reaper, I see what you are talking about now. Yes, my bags rattle on the mounts too. I am going to use some sort of foam (or even the little soft plastic buttons like in the post above) to make mine tighter too. I am sorry, I misunderstood what you were talking about. And no, my bags don't fit on these racks like they do on my V-Strom with the Givi racks. But then again, I didn't pay anywhere near as much for these racks as I did for the Givi's on my V-Strom either. I do think with a little "help" these racks will do okay for my needs. If not, then these will be a $150 learning experience. I don't think my bags are going to come off while I am riding with them on. They are just a little noisy.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
I was wondering how no one else was having the same outcome . All we need is some thing to fill and cushion that 1/4 inch gap , the foam I put in did the trick the problem is how long will it last ? Those little pads MJR suggested might very well do the trick . Whatever it is it will have to be a little thicker than a 1/4 inch to fill the gab .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I looked at these and they were way to thin , I did find some thicker ones at an ACO and they worked fine .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
that's the first thing I had to do to get my bags to remain super stable and not shake or rattle, just add 4 of those rubber pieces in strategic places and you will take the lag out. I went with a double deck for a while until I found the right height plastic bumpers....

I have different bags that I run and they all need something like this on a flat mount to remain stable....

good luck

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's the first thing I had to do to get my bags to remain super stable and not shake or rattle, just add 4 of those rubber pieces in strategic places and you will take the lag out. I went with a double deck for a while until I found the right height plastic bumpers....

I have different bags that I run and they all need something like this on a flat mount to remain stable....

good luck

Am I safe in assuming that that's a KIWI bracket in the above picture ? If so than they are all flawed in this way ? I've experienced this gap problem with cheaper trunk units over the years also .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Am I safe in assuming that that's a KIWI bracket in the above picture ? If so than they are all flawed in this way ? I've experienced this gap problem with cheaper trunk units over the years also .

TheReaper!
No, that is the EOS bracket. My Kiwi Dave bracket fits like a glove, and is painted black. There is NO flexing at all on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts