Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that haven't seen the Prime program "Slow Ride Home", you might enjoy seeing an epic adventure. It brought back memories of some of my past rides. The big difference, my rides weren't at 40 miles per hour. Great fun!

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
It looks like they’re all going to Dave_J’s house 😄

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
That looks like a laugh :)

My next door neighbour has crossed USA twice on a pedal cycle by himself.
Once NYC to Seattle and once Florida to San Francisco.

Also flies to Greece or Africa and cycles home, he’s crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
_
That looks like a laugh :)

My next door neighbour has crossed USA twice on a pedal cycle by himself.
Once NYC to Seattle and once Florida to San Francisco.

Also flies to Greece or Africa and cycles home, he’s crazy.

I hope one day to do Abby Road in both directions all in the same day barefoot 🤣

Did I tell you about the time when I nicked some stones from Stonehenge?

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
If I recall correctly that chronicles a local group's ride on the 2016 cannonball...so you're not far off. The end point was Mukilteo. Closer to me that Dave actually.
I took that ride as well, just not as part of that group.

It looks like they’re all going to Dave_J’s house 😄

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
If I recall correctly that chronicles a local group's ride on the 2016 cannonball...so you're not far off. The end point was Mukilteo. Closer to me that Dave actually.
I took that ride as well, just not as part of that group.
Cool....I hope on a B650 ...I watched the trailer and have access to the movie but haven’t watched yet...I’d be up for it with the gray haired riders of BUSA but we’d have to stop at Dave’s on the way to your house.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Mukilteo is very close to Daboo's homebase too.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slow Ride Home went from Florida to Washinton State. The Cannonball went from West to East. One of my friends was invited to ride the Cannonball. He had a ball, did it on a KLR650,

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Garage.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I’ll bring a change of underwear 🤡

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
This was not a Maxi Scoot event really. Biggest that year was a 250cc. Current rules allow up to 300 but I wouldn't ride one in it.
I've love to do a Maxi run along those lines, but it'd be very different.
This is not for the faint of pocketbook. A hotel room every night...

Cool....I hope on a B650 ...I watched the trailer and have access to the movie but haven’t watched yet...I’d be up for it with the gray haired riders of BUSA but we’d have to stop at Dave’s on the way to your house.

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
Also add the cost of transporting the bike one way, as well as paying into a kitty to run a support vehicle.
If I did it again, I'd definitely not do it as a fly and ride like I did (my planned bike broke down a week before, & two back up plans broke down as well...)
I'm not sure if I'd go without SAG just because it's a bit of a push vs. just riding on my own, so really no good place to cut the cost.
It was far from cheap.

$1,000 - $2,000 in hotels. 11 days probably equals 10 nights. I believe I might eat more than that! :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
What is SAG? I'm sure there were lots more expenses that just hotels. Like I said, I'd probably spend that much on food, even if somebody cooks over a fire, they're going to need $ contributions, especially since I might eat a whole side of beef at a time. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
SAG is a bicycling term. "Support And Gear". There were various support vehicles. My wife drove one.
Far as cooking someone over a fire goes..It really wasn't that kind of run though the guys with the video may have...
Food in general is you're on your own..Good luck...some of those stops were "Haul out the jerky and hope the water here is good".

What is SAG? I'm sure there were lots more expenses that just hotels. Like I said, I'd probably spend that much on food, even if somebody cooks over a fire, they're going to need $ contributions, especially since I might eat a whole side of beef at a time. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those of you that haven't seen the Prime program "Slow Ride Home", you might enjoy seeing an epic adventure. It brought back memories of some of my past rides. The big difference, my rides weren't at 40 miles per hour. Great fun!
I saw that just a couple days ago. looks like they had the kind of memorable times, that come from adversity and adventure. Could I do it on a small scooter? -maybe...would I do it? No fuggin way :cool:

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
SAG is a bicycling term. "Support And Gear". There were various support vehicles. My wife drove one.
Far as cooking someone over a fire goes..It really wasn't that kind of run though the guys with the video may have...
Food in general is you're on your own..Good luck...some of those stops were "Haul out the jerky and hope the water here is good".
Aha! Now I know where the term 'sag-wagon' comes from. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts