Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a stock 2013 400 have enough output to feed a heated jacket and/or heated gloves, or both?
Thinking of the First Gear "Warm & Safe" which is available in either 65 or 90 watts....

·
Registered
345 Posts
What about that maker that has the microwire heated jacket? Is it gerbling? Is their jacket less wattage vs the regular wired ones?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm on my 3rd winter of running heated Gerbings jacket line and gloves on my 2012 400. Plenty of heat. If I recall correctly, someone posted the wattage that is available for accessories. According to Gerbings, the gloves draw 27 watts and the jacket liner 77. I've not had any problem with the battery running down.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Just Add an Extra Battery!! this Solves the Watt Problem..

I have a VENTURE Heated Vest!! Running it from a Portable Battery and Connects to Bike as well..

Elliott,

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have used the Cycle gear hot wired pants, jacket liner and gloves on my 08 burgman 400 and my 99 Helix for the last two winters with no issues and I think it all pulls just a little over 100 watts together.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I rock the gerbing jacket liker and t5 gloves no problem.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Running 2 batteries on a 400 is very easy.
The center glove-box has 2 pockets...
one side has the factory battery installation,
& the other side is big enough for a 2 liter bottle.
A second battery will fit there just fine. Use 10 gauge
wires to cross-connect the batteries in a parallel
circuit. You now have twice the battery capacity.
Just make sure that the batteries are rated the same.
A couple of rags, & a couple of pieces of styrofoam
to hold the second battery in place & you're set to go.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Note that adding a second battery doesn't increase your charging system's capacity; consider adding a plug-in battery charger such as a battery tender to top the batteries off overnight if you're overdrawing the battery. And if you actually need the second battery to support heated clothing, you are overdrawing it.

This isn't really a problem, just a reminder that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
LED headlights, despite their lacking of even light distribution, save a lot of watts.

If you use some kind of apron and handlebar mittens, the watts required to keep you warm will drop significantly as well.

An added bonus of scooter-mounted chill protection is that the clothing you wear becomes less dirty when you ride in a constant mist of mud on winter roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts