Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting at a long stoplight with my 650 Exec I noticed my right ankle was starting to get very hot. I know my bike is liquid cooled and I do live in Southern Florida and it is summertime but I never noticed it before. The liquid in the radiator was recently changed. Is this condition normal? The bike runs very well and I have no other complaints.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
This is normal. It happens if you are stopped for a long time in very hot and humid weather. The electric radiator cooling fan will kick in and that air exhausts out the vents on each side just below the seat and down towards you lower legs and ankles. Any hot air that does not get blown out the vents will be pushed out the bottom of the bike straight down onto your ankles as well.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
To me this one of the main benefits of the B650 - the relative LACK of engine heat compared with a regular motorcycle. I have owned many other motorcycles which have caused burns on my legs from engine heat on hot days.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
the engine on the 650 sits low to the ground and the exhaust pipes are on the right side where your ankle felt the heat which is pretty normal on any bike when your body parts get close to those hot pipes, but you are well protected on the 650 in that respect.

Nothing to worry about. You can always tape the pipes if the heat gets to be too much of a pain. very easy to drop the muffler.

enjoy your 650 ....

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You could always insulate your lower legs and maintain the current aesthetics of the bike.;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is one area that really attracted me to the Burgman. I have owned some mobile roaster ovens (Buell Ulysses, 2 Concours) and the Burgman puts out 0 heat compared to those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts