Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scooter has been cutting out at hwy speed every once in a while. I will be riding when all of a sudden my rpm will go to zero and I have no power. then about 1/2 second later everything returns to normal. sometimes this will repeat over and over again...Could this be just a clogged fuel filter or fuel injector?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
fuel injector? Would Do This, Check the Connectors, Sometimes the Connectors PINS GETS LOOSE, And Stop making Contact the vibration could be Dropping the Voltage Current needed to keep the Fuel flow going.. Are there any FI Indicated when this happends...

Elliott,

·
Registered
133 Posts
if its a C28 code. check the sensor assembly connection. pull it apart and put it back together. it may have come loose/ bad connection. Also add some fuel injector cleaner to the next full tank of gas. i use sea foam.
an FI code would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Unlikely to be a fuel injector. For tach to go to zero, with the clutch engaged and presumably the crank turning over, would require a sensor problem or some kind of computer issue.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Check the battery leads are tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. One more thing I tried some fuel injector cleaner it may have helped a little I don't know. Should I tear it apart to check fuel filter or it there an easier first step. Like cleaning injector??? Is it a hard thing to do?

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
If it were not for you saying the tack goes to zero I would say to check the throttle position sensor for bad spots. The momentary cutting out is the same symptom I had when the TPS on mine went bad. The tach however did not go to zero when that happened. Like Chatman128 said the tach going to zero indicates some kind of an electrical issue, possibly a sensor, a connection, or the ECM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are great...My speedometer sensor is out. could that be part of the problem? I really don't know anything about this

·
Premium Member
14,252 Posts
Which bike do you have. If it is an 03-06 400 then the speedometer sensor being out is likely a mechanical issue with a broken rotor and would have no effect on the engine or tach.

BTW adding your bike type to your profile would make answering stuff easier. You do that from the UserCP link at the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
And we do not know what bike you have, how old it is or where you are.
We ask our members to update their profile to show this basic but important information.
Any chance you could do that?:cool:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If it's a later scooter with the speedo sensor in the rear drive then if it's disconnected
you get a F1 indication at 5/6000 rpm and you can get cutting out but usually at low
speed as you slow down, don't know about the pre 2007 ones.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If it's a later scooter with the speedo sensor in the rear drive then if it's disconnected
you get a F1 indication at 5/6000 rpm and you can get cutting out but usually at low
speed as you slow down, don't know about the pre 2007 ones.
Sure about that!! Ralph M, I don't have the Speedo sensor installed , Which is know as the Sending,Unit , But your right about the FI coming on , it come on every time i hit 45 MPH, But never had any Cutting out!! I'm using my Android Phone Speedometer App for now!!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Can get cutting out , it does not always happen but if it does plugging the sensor in cures it,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts