Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the Burg into the repair shop today but started it to let it run last night and get it loaded into the van. Engine runs for 30 seconds or so and then cuts out like I hit the kill switch. Starts right up again like a dream but cuts out again. Did this several times. Any clues?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Bad battery! Purchased new one...runs great and purrs like a kitten! Thanks everyone.
Dee

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I assume you have plenty of gas? Is this the first time you tried starting it since you received it? How old is the gas, any idea? If its been awhile it may have water in the lines.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Your idle speed maybe too low....as soon as it starts blip the throttle and warm up the engine as you are maintaining the rpms. Could be the choke not engaging when the engine is cold?? My 400 would do this once in awhile when cold. What air temperature is it? Look towards the simple before over thinking a simple problem.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tank was near empty, added about 1 1/2 gallons of new premium. Seems to idle fine. Did not try to use the throttle. It "ticks" which I think is the signature 650 sound but wasn't sure so I didn't want to really rev it.

I've started it several times but never tried to let it run. Didn't think to "warm" it up! :oops:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ScubaGirl,
Was it a bad battery as in defective ?
Or just old and worn out. Seems funny it would start a bike and keep it running then drop dead.
Did they check your charging system ?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery was defective. Boy am I glad! I really didn't want an electrical problem to add to my many headaches with the bike already. I can't wait to get her on the road. Its' been in the 70's/low 80's and is PERFECT riding weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts