Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G,Day All , I'm interested in purchasing a 650 Burgman . One of the things I am concerned about is the weight pushing it around in parking spots or in the garage, so a late model one with the modified clutch seems to be a necessary consideration . As I live in Australia and the distances required to go and inspect a likely scooter can be vast , can any one tell me the engine or chassis number when the modified clutch was implemented. I know it was changed in the 2013 model but some seem to think it may have been changed earlier and the other thing is knowing how old the scooter was when it had the compliance plate fitted. I would hate to travel many Kms. to find a 2013 scooter with the earlier ( unmodified clutch) fitted Regards Paul

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I don't have that info. I can tell you that if you put a 2012 or older in manual mode it pushes easier than when it's in automatic. Unless you are pushing it up hill I didn't fine my 09 650 any harder than my 07 400 to push around in the garage.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's just the new 2013 650 that has the new clutch. It has new plates and one or two other bits in the tranny to make things more efficient and cause less drag when pushing it. There has been a small discussion on this site about modding an older 650 with the new clutch plates but don't know much about that. It's something that may be possible. I've only teched on the older model, haven't as yet looked inside the new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts