Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
Many years ago I used to drive a Daff motor car that had the same drive train as the burgman 400/650. The engine breaking that you have is there for one reason and that is the drive belt cannot move up and down a stationary set of V pully's so the system has to keep the drive belt in the right position for your next move wether it be stopping or excelleration. To do this when you are slowing down the belt has to move into the position as if it were going into 1st gear and hence you get this engine breaking effect. It is strange to get used to but is quite normal and you will get used to it.
I carn't wait till the New Year,that is when I am going to get my Burgman 650 and start and enjoy riding again.

Paul/Doncaster UK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Redbird,
Thanks for the info on the braking. My wife rides the Burgy and has gotten used to the breaking. I have encouraged her to tap the braksso anyone following her knows she is slowing. When I was following I noted that the brake ligst weren't coming on until just before she came to a complete stop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts