Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the ridiculous name, ridiculous price, no storage, and having to wear S.W.M.B.O.'s "workin shoes" to get my feet on the ground, Why don't I want this? Talk me out of an electric with a 200 mile range. Ima sell some of swmbo's shiney things and pay cash for it.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ok, a tiny lesson about the name:

ENERGICA. In italian there's a very light difference between Energico/a (more close to "Vigorous") and Energetico (which is Energetic). It seems obvious to me that the name is a "mashup" between Energia (Energy), Energetica and Energica so one (italian) can see all these elements contained in the same object.

EVA i think is them thinking to that bike as the first of his kind

Esse Esse 9 is the weird part. Whatever "SS" and 9" means, i can't figure out why they took the full "Character name" instead of the character, other than the infamous meaning of SS in WW2. But then, why not to pick something else?

If i had the money i'd already bought it, so i don'w know why you should'nt.

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another esse esse related question, seat height is too tall. I'm thinkin changing to a 17 inch c/t with a smaller sidewall and larger profile might help? I.E 180 55 zr 17 to a 195 40 17. are these measurements in mm? cat whiskers? ramen noodle widths? I'm going Sat. to look at one and would like to measure clearances for tire.

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oooh dangit, now i have 2 definitions of tire aspect, one is measured in millimeters, the other as percentage of width

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
When i saw the title I thought you'd been into the stash under your seat again. Guess that's a real thing though!

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
180 55 ZR 17 is 180mm wide, 55% as tall for 1 sidewall (99 mm), but there are two sidewalls, top and bottom so times two = 198 mm tall sidewalls combined and 17 inch rim.

It figures like so....

180 mm wide
x 55%
99 mm for one side wall

99mm
x 2 sidewalls
198 mm for both sidewalls

198 mm (7.795 inch)
+ 17 inch rim.
24.795 inch tall tire.

ZR is 175MPH+

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
Or watch this video:

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I increase the width, decreasing the sidewall percentage advertised (from 50 to 40 ) is not a direct reflection of tire height , just means I gotta do more math, also I'm thinkin, if I decrease diameter of tire by reducing sidewall, Ima really mess up mileage indication, increase tire rotation speed in miles per hour actual and lose gas mileaaagh on an electric.
So , taller sidewall is better and not a good idea for lowering seat height .

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
Mikey the easiest way is to use a calulator like this one below. If you replace the 180/55 17 with a 195/40 17 it would be 1.65 inch shorter tire. A closer tire would be a 205/45 17 but fitting the rim and swing arm may be tough.

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
short story long,, ok short story, no luck, didn't see it.
Long story, I was in contact with "salesman?" to set up a time to see an esse9+ , First problem, I said saturday at nine in text,, he texted back ok what time saturday. I should have jumped ship and torpedoed the whole thing at that point, instinct said so, but no, I wanna see this bike , so I forged ahead, I asked him if he would have an esse9+ he said yes. So I drove over, a 90 mile round trip, so at least that was fun, ,, sorta. When I got there , he didn't have an esse9+ he had a 2 year old eva he was trying to dump. So in order to keep from completely wasting the visit, I asked about warranty and extended warranty, he didn't really seem to know who did the initial warranty, and said "lotsa people" did the extended warranty.
I asked about financing to see if there was any benefit in that, ( Iusually pay cash , but with covid, stupidity, and a few other factors, I figured maybe having insurance on it and being financed would not detract from my "estate" should I croak.) He mumbles off a couple banks. I asked him a question about tag and title just because I wanted to hear one RIGHT answer, he got it right. I asked about an owners manual, he said one would be provided, but didn't have one available for the eva. I asked about a shop manual/ service manual, he said since there was so little service to be done, he didn't think there WAS a service manual, (at that , I knew I wouldn't be going to his service department for any reason).
So a last ditch effort, when will you have an esse9+ on the premisis, He said we have 2 on order for customers, have no idea when they are coming in. The customers ordered, put down a deposit, they are waiting on the bike , and he has no estimated delivery date! Sorta understandable if factory is closed due to covid. Also why I asked if he had one to show me.
Summary, my right ankle doesn't bend, so any foot brake is out, mods would have to be made, there's still no place to put the family jewels if the 9+ is like the eva. and that dealership is not an option,
I won't buy a pig in a poke again!!! The last time I did that she divorced me in 9 years and I did NOT get a refund on my deposit !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts