Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the opinion of the group on emergency tire repairs? Has anyone used these 'sealer/inflator' packages in a can? The few I've seen on the shelf say not to use in motorcycle tires. What about 'plug type' tubless repair kits? What is your experience?

My concern is that I and/or my wife could be out somewhere with a flat and no cell phone service (that happens a lot in the mountains). I'm thinking of what would be the best way to repair a tire or tires long enough to get to a service station or tow back.

TIA,

Breeze

·
Registered
409 Posts
I carry a plugger kit on all of my bikes. I bought a $5.00 air compressor at a local discount store and took off the plastic case. I carry it below the seat. Hope to never use them. I also heard that the sealer in cans is not good for mc wheels

Eddie

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello All,

I have both my tyres ultrasealed,this is a fluid that is put in your tyres and if you were to get a flat the fluid congells to seal the hole.Have a look at http://www.ultraseal.biz for more details of what this stuff does. :?:

I also carry a pump that can be plugged in to the accessory point under the seat on my scooter :roll:

Ride Safe-Ride Upright

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
@rocketman

we have these fluids in Germany too, but by using this fluid, you`ll never notice a damage of your tyre, because it will be repaired by the fluid.
And so maybe you drive a long time and distance with a defect carcass which could cause an accident somewhere down the road.
So I allways have got a tire-repaire-kit with me when I´m on a ride.

regards
Holger (just try to have some practice in English an have my dictionary beside of me :wink: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tubless Tyre Repairs.

Hi Guys, I carry a normal patch type puncture repair kit with me (and a compressor as well, aren't we Burgman riders an ingenious lot). If you can find the hole, and as long as it is not over 3mm in size, then I just patch over the hole on the inside of the tyre. I have had two patches in my tyre at one time, and, except for a rebalancing of the wheel, the patch lasted the life of the tyre. Mind you, I'm fairly careful about pushing the limits on the Burgman than some riders so I can;t say how a patch would perform under high tyre stresses. But, that's how the tyre repair places in Australia do it, so I reckon, if its good enough for them, its good enough for me.

Keep those round black thingys on the road
Kind regards
Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a flat once on my 1100 vstar and just happened to be across
from a gas station. I ran over and bought a can of fix-a flat...inflated
the tire..worked just fine. I was so happy we went next door to the
restraunt and got something to eat, came out and my tire was flat. Now
I'm puzzled...ran next door and bought another can and inflated the tire but this time I read the back of the can...says to drive several miles after
inflating the tire..we laughed on that one. :oops:

I like your ideas with the tire plug. That will be my next stop...I allready
have the $5 compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts