Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the "Burgman" emblems on the side of the bike? I'd like to get rid of mine, but I'm not sure how they're attached. Is it just adhesive? Or are they attached with screws that will leave a hole in the side of the panel if I remove them?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Gently pull each letter and number off via a hot (or medium hot?) hair dryer.

They will lift off but then you have to dispose of the goo left behind.

I've already several posts on this and it seems pretty straight forward.

:?:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
3M Adhesive Remover works really well at cleaning off the adhesive left after removing the letters, & will not harm the paint or it's finish. I have not used it myself but I understand a product called Goo-Gone is also effective.

A piece of monofilament fishing line or strong dental floss will help facilitate removal of the warmed letters by cutting through the adhesive backing.

Hope this helps & welcome to ICOBO, Loki!

The search function at the top of the page will find you many answers pretty quick as Pete mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Loki

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Now lets hear more of this 'soon to be an anonymous Burgman' -is it a 'stealthy svelte' or a 'covert lardy'? :wink:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Emblem removal

Be sure to give it a good coat of wax afterward. It that will give you a chance to thing about what words you can use the removed letters for and where to stick them. My wife usually has a suggestion on the latter whenever I ask her.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the pointers everyone, my burger is sporting a very clean look now! In response to NormanB's query, it's a stealthy silver svelte :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Cool beans! Post some pics, man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try to take some pix when I get the time, but it may be a while since all my free time is spent riding! 8) I mean, I gotta have priorities, right?

·
Registered
239 Posts
MMMmmmmm....

Point of Interest...

Why??

(Remove Emblems)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Improve power to weight ratio? :)

Incidentally a similar gain can be achieved by removing all the bleedin labels - and a particularly marked gain of if you have a Canadian bike where the legislators insist you must learn a foreign language. :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Emblem removal

docta said:
that will give you a chance to think about what words you can use the removed letters for and where to stick them. My wife usually has a suggestion on the latter whenever I ask her.
Bahahahhahh!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts