Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now, I've been reading the comments in this BurgmanUSA forum and found just about everything I was curious about concerning Bugman ownership, riding and safety tips, and lots more. The contributing members of this forum was a powerful contributing factor in choosing the Burgman 400. I thank you all. Just arrived back home from my maiden voyage on this silver beauty brought home today! If I was a dalmation, my tail would surely be wagging. Thanks again, Neal :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Neal.

Welcome to the forum. :hello2:

Congratulations too on your choice, you clearly are a discerning chap!

Now lets see you you get your posting rate up now, no more lurking and no more shirking - we want to hear from you! :lol:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes of course, the 400!
Excellent choice, Sir.

It's going to be miles and miles of smiles when you too make that first sale to your fellow internet poster who expresses a faint interest in a machine they've never ridden before but with just the right review, you too will build enough points for a luggage rack perhaps or no maybe a taller windshield but first a first service along with tolls, plus at no additional cost insurance, fees, gratuities, the tax man, mechanic, parts counter, self-serve carwash and especially something to plug into that accessories plug in the dash and that's not all, but wait there's more don't call the number on your screen, do it today!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Neal . Glad to have you join us.

Congratulations on the new 400. I'm sure you'll have a blast riding it.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Welcome to the group!!!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Hey Eltee,

Welcome to the forum. You will likely be parked this week due to the wintery cold weather we've just received, I'm from Tyler, maybe I see you as soon as the roads heat up a little.

Happy Trails,
Poppy

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Since my arrival on this forum with my 05' Burgman 400 during a wonderfully busy Christmas season and family gathering, time was found to get familiarized with the well engineered silver 2 wheeler. Most of the fist stage of break in was on parkways and boulevards with speed limits at 40 and 45 mph which made it fairly easy to keep the engine limited to 4000 rpm. The first 554 miles were really nice getting the feel of the ride and practicing the safety aspects. Everything works properly, nothing fell off and the only problem found was resetting the trip meter. The owners manual states to press the incorrect button. The bike consumed 8.836 gallons for an average of 71.5 mpg. Our Honda Accord won't even do half that and this much more fun. I got antsy about the oil change and completed that at the 537 mile mark and while I was at it, adjusted the valves. She sounds and runs great with no sign of a leak. Now, I see the road to our house is dry, the sunlight is filtering through the thinning clouds it's at least 45 degrees and I have this driving inclination to start roll up the :) miles for the 2nd stage of breakin. Puttin my jacket, gloves and helmet on now so it's getting hard to type. See Ya, Neal

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Neal,

I'm amazed you were able to keep it under the 4000 RPM mark. I can't even go to the local store (4 blocks away) and keep it under 4k. :lol:

You found the same error is the manual I did. To reset the trip meters, the owners manual states (on page 18-19) to use the SEL button to select either A or B and then hold the ADJ button in for 2 seconds to reset to zero. Doesn't work that way. Use the SEL button to select the proper trip meter and then hold in the SEL button again to reset to zero. Being a geek ... what am I doing reading a manual anyway? :p

·
Registered
969 Posts
Dude,
Geeks are the only ones that read the manuals. :D
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Guess I'm a geek then.

That's why everybody calls me to fix their computer problems.:wink:

I'm not smarter than they are, I just read the manuals and find the problem.

Guess that wouldn't have helped with the 400 trip odometer though. :?

Percy helps me a lot too!

(Percy Verance) 8)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
...To reset the trip meters, the owners manual states (on page 18-19) to use the SEL button to select either A or B and then hold the ADJ button in for 2 seconds to reset to zero. Doesn't work that way. Use the SEL button to select the proper trip meter and then hold in the SEL button again to reset to zero.
Huh? Then what's the ADJ button for?

On the 650 you do use the SEL button to SELect, and the ADJ button to ADJust the reading back to zero.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Brian said:
Huh? Then what's the ADJ button for?
Nothing ... where the trip counters are concerned. :p

Brian said:
On the 650 you do use the SEL button to SELect, and the ADJ button to ADJust the reading back to zero.
That makes a lot more sense than the way it works on the 400.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts