Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, IM FRENCH AND I M TRANSLATING WITH GOOGLE.
SO I WILL DROP YOU THE ORIGINAL TOPIC IN FRENCH OF MY PROBLEME AND A GOOGLE TRANSLATION
THANK YOU

FRENCH TOPIC : http://www.burgman-mania.com/t11708-probleme-electrique#164046

TRANSLATION:

i have a probleme with my burgman 650 K10 after a engine (wiring harness changed to) remplacement

I have the motor up, the beams, the injection, air box, the bubble, the tank, the retros, the stalk commodo (left K5 AND right K10 ) commodo is that http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/commodo

Result after a test before reassembling tupperware

- The meter (speedometer) illuminates not, there is only the red key and the high beam indicator on.
- The retros not working
- The bubble function
- At the level of stalks only the headlight switch and bubble function
- The horn does not work
- The lights work
- The flashing light does not work
-little noise at the fuel pump when I turn the key
- Starter does not work

also note that I did not put the muffler, and that I have a power cord (2 wire white and black) at the casing of the wheel which is not connected, I have to break the cable lug

all elements from the same bike exept the left commodo

I've check the fuse that I think are all good,
I have to try another cdi box without result.

thanks for participation

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
A suggestion

I suggest that our French-Canadian Burgman friends get the full story and translate it for us into English. The full force of this excellent Forum can then be brought to bear on the Frenchman's problem. :)

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
There were a lot of electronic, wiring changes after the 06 model and the harness was modified accordingly.

I would start by making sure that you have the correct wire harness for your model year, a lot of the problems you are reporting could just the result of miss matched wire sigtnals.

If you bought the new harness from a dealer or parts vendor make sure they send you the right one, if you bough tit second hand, do the same thing and double check to make sure it is the right harness for your model year.

Replacing a harness should not cause any of the electrical problems you are reporting unless there is a miss match in the connection source of the wires and what the ECM and other parts expect to receive.

good luck.

la majorité de vos problems peuvent être causé parceque vous avez un Faisceau de câbles qui n'est incompatible avec votre 650, bonne chance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ledude the wiring harness ( ecm, regulator, right tit hand too), the motor, froms all of the same scoot.
i followed your tutorial on youtube to replace the motor, now i m that position;

i mount the engine, the harness, tit hand, electric screen, regulator, ecm, air box, air cleaner box, radiator, injection, key system, speedometer,
maybe i missed something?

or maybe the probleme is beceause of the cable (2 string, black and white) who from the
wheel carter, i think its the speed sensor cable, who is broken?

what can i try ??

thanks

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Ta moto 2010 est-ce le modèle standard ou Exécutive ?

Si Exécutive as-tu le winter pack comme équipement standard inclus ?

Ta Burgman est-elle équippé avec une clefs à puce, je crois que c'est le système SRS ou SARS en Europe, que nous n'avons pas ici d'ailleurs.

Bon si je comprend bien tu as changé le harnais électrique principal avec un autre, toutefois est-ce un harnais provenant d'une K10 ou d'une autre année, si oui quelle année et sa proviens de quelle modèle ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
salut cherie ^^

oui c est un model excutive avec poignee chauffante et siege chauffant, donc winter pack je pense.

Pour la cle a puce je sais pas trop, il y a une cle rouge au niveau du compteur qui clignote deux troi fois quand je met le contact, (engine immobilized, sur le manuel suzuki)
apre je vois pas ce que c est

et non je n ai pas changer le harnais, enfait si mais le moteur et le harnais electrique viennent d un meme scooter, model k10 oui.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Unfortunately for a few this is an English language forum. Will someone please therefore translate the FULL PROBLEM into English in order to get the correct help asked for. Posting snippets in French restricts our replies to just a few people (who may not know enough about the Burg) instead of it being available to all. Also, it may lead the Frenchman down unnecessary back-alleys which would be avoided if we all knew exactly what the problem was. Come on you translators! Speed is essential!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
As this a moderated forum it is also a rule that all posts must be in English to enable the moderators to discharge their responsibilities I will provide time for the translations to happen before expunging the non English content.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Ta moto 2010 est-ce le modèle standard ou Exécutive ?

Si Exécutive as-tu le winter pack comme équipement standard inclus ?

Ta Burgman est-elle équippé avec une clefs à puce, je crois que c'est le système SRS ou SARS en Europe, que nous n'avons pas ici d'ailleurs.

Bon si je comprend bien tu as changé le harnais électrique principal avec un autre, toutefois est-ce un harnais provenant d'une K10 ou d'une autre année, si oui quelle année et sa proviens de quelle modèle ?

Me reply & asking OP question in French for clarify & understand exactly what OP problem is so BUSA member can better help OP, please be patient and take this one step at time.

OP have 2010 Executive model with winter pack, me suspect burgie also equipped with S.A.I.S. system and chip in key so bike probably have immobilisation system as OP say have red key that flash few time in console when he insert key in ignition. Burgie is still in part naked, OP is connecting & run connection & power test to make sure everything work correctly.

He have change engine and wiring harness, replacement engine and harness come from other 2010 but power not getting to all switch. He also change left control and switch block not sure of model year of this.

When he connect everything the following work or not work:

Engine starter not work
Flashing light button not work
Power mirror not work
Speedo not light up
Horn not work

Item that work:

Headlight work
Power windscreen
Believe he hear fuel pump noise when he insert key

Chérie presently think that OP first step must ensure S.A.I.S system work corectly and that bike not immobilise, after go to other test. Suzuki shop manual with help OP very much here for diagnose and fix all problem.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Just to elucidate - what is a "winter pack" ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi
thanks for translation cherie.
peelbrow winter pack is the pack with heated grips (handle) and heated seat

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
today i tried something with the key contactor (where we put the key)

tried first with K10 CONTACTOR AND K10 CDI: works like i said before, red key lighting 3 times

tried with K5 CONTACTOR AND K5 CDI: nothing works, no key, realy nothing works

third test with K5 CONTACTOR AND K10 CDI: all works like with the K10 contactor, but change with the key, she was lighting all the time, without extinction.

if that could create a new trail

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Just to elucidate - what is a "winter pack" ?
Winter pack = Heat seat and grip.

Recteurr les motos en amérique non pas de systèmes d'immobilisation S.A.I.S Suzuki, si ta moto en est équippé je crois qu'il serait en premier lieu opportun d'éclaicir cette aspect avec un concessionnaire Suzuki. Il est possible qu'après une panne de courrant complète qu'une reprogrammation complète soit nécessaire, si ceci fonctionne correctement par la suite passé à l'étape suivante. JE croirrais que le systàme d'immobilisation soit certainement discuté dans ton manuel proprio. Burgman USA est 99.99% anglophone très tès peu parle français donc ne se rendrons pas sur un site français.

Write that Burgman bike in North America are not equip with Suzuki S.A.I.S. immobilisation system like he have, because of power disconnection during bike repair the S.A.I.S possibly require a reprogram and that he discuss this with Suzuki dealer before he continu further. Probably the S.A.I.S is discuss in owner manual. As 99.99% of BUSA member speak english only no one will understand & go to French forum.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts