Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 400 2001 burger. It has broken down with a electrical problem. It was a victim of attempted theft and a number of wires were damaged. Bike shop got it running but still with faults. Ran for 2 weeks then broke down again. on breakdown the digital clock faded out. On turning the ignition back on it was dead. Took the front bodywork off today to find a couple of wires loose and a fuse in thr wrong place. Pushed the start button and she fired up and all was fine.All electrical problems sorted. Put body work back on and its back to square 1. When it goes wrong it like a 4cylinder bike running on 1 cylinder. And all dash electrics fade out. Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sounds like one of the ignition connections is shorting out somewhere. Maybe being pinched or pulled when turning the handlebars.
Good Luck finding the gremlin. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scootereno. But i think the only way to eliminate and find a broken wire is to replace the loom. And to be honest im not going to do that. Just to say if it helps anyone that when the ignition is turned on the digital reading look fine but if the brake leavers are pulled(to start)the digital figures fade out but re-iluminate when released. Also is it just the indicator relay situated in the tail piece?as i can hear somthing going on in there. But i cant get the screws out as they have rounded over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts