Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Blue push-button to actuate the mirrors gradually became stiff to operate and now won't actuate the mirrors at all. The mirrors can be opened & closed by hand, (but the wind closes them!). I have split the switch housing & applied contact cleaner to no avail. I hear no indication that a relay operates even when I do manage to depress the button. Where is the relay located? Is there a separate fuse for the mirrors? Where can/should I obtain a replacement switch (without replacing the whole assembly? Any helpful comments or advice welcomed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
POST SCRIPT TO MY POST: I've now got the button to move more smoothly. There is 12 volts at each of the two orange wires at the switch. However, when the button is actuated, there is no voltage. Does this suggest the fuse is OK? I'm unable to detect any 'relay' click. The mirrors still don't move. Does this indicate a faulty relay? If so, where is it?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The mirror fuse is located up to the right behind the large cover (I forget its name) through which the ignition switch pokes - (8 screws, and keep them in order 'cos they're not all the same)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mirror Relay Location

POST SCRIPT TO MY POST: I've now got the button to move more smoothly. There is 12 volts at each of the two orange wires at the switch. However, when the button is actuated, there is no voltage. Does this suggest the fuse is OK? I'm unable to detect any 'relay' click. The mirrors still don't move. Does this indicate a faulty relay? If so, where is it?
My service manual indicates that the mirror drive relay is located next to the ambient air temperature sensor and windscreen regulator motor and attaches to the leg shield brace as per the attached diagram.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
The fuse labeled "MIRRORS" is located way up underneath the ECM by itself, more on the left side, on my 07 Exec. You may need to remove the entire front headlight piece to get to it.

I seriously doubt you would be able to buy a replacement switch without having to also buy the entire cluster.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Max wins!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MANY THANKS GUYS! Your helpful comments, diagrams & photo helped enormously! I took the plunge & removed the front-end tupperware (leg shield etc) & found the fuse which was 'blown'. The most difficult part was sourcing a Three-amp fuse replacement. The fifth auto-electric shop I called on had one (NZ$1.00). The mirrors now operate sweetly - just got to reassemble the tupperware, then back on the road. Thanks again, this website is invaluable! Bryan, Auckland, NZ

·
Registered
88 Posts
Curious how to add electric mirrors to the standard 650?

Does anyone know how to add electric mirrors to the standard 650? Done before?
Where does the motor actuate on the exec?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts