Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When all 130 of us made it to the top of Brasstown Bald Mtn. I got barraged with questions and Scooter Love! :D
I think many of them will have a new respect next time they see a Burgman. Here is a short snippet of one of Youtube guys giving my little 400 it's Props!
Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/v0szJCsBx10?t=1m45s

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Nice comments from the guy shooting the video. I told my son to take my scoot for a spin, he had 2 complaints, not enough power and the sudden stops when he grabbed a handful of "clutch". I warned him about the rear brakes before he got on the scoot and as for the power comment, he rides a ST1300. My comment back to him about the power was, DUH!!!! With 2/3 less motor, how did you expect the power to be comparable???
Thanks for sharing the video!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've been picking up my grandkids from school, every now and again, on my scooters for over a decade, they loved it. All their friends are being picked up by mom in the minivan, mine proudly stride, helmet in hand, accross the school yard, and the other kids are shouting out how cool It is to ride on a MC. Pop the trunk, in goes the backpack. Don helmet & gloves and we're off.

Several kids, face pressed against the fence, try to gawk at this oddity. One kid ran the length of the football field just to watch us ride off. A future burgman rider I'm sure.

That's how you show the kids scooters are cool!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Liam, picking up the grandkids on the scoot, how cool is that. Good on you!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me just love it ! :) :D :wave:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I took my grandson to his first day at school ,All the kids and parents stoped and gawked the kids smiled and waved. The parents gave me dirty looks .My grandson who is now 18 said that he still remembers that day and he was the talk of his class. He also said he never got picked on also. As for the parents who gave me dirty looks they were wondering who this irresponsible adult was taking there child on that loud bike ( Ducati with conti pipes ) to school, and that they are not going to here the end of it from there kids when they get home.
I took him to school many times in his life on different bikes and the look from other kids are always the same THATS WAY COOL

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As for the parents who gave me dirty looks they were wondering who this irresponsible adult was taking there child on that loud bike ( Ducati with conti pipes ) to school, and that they are not going to here the end of it from there kids when they get home.
After seeing so many soccer moms driving while talking on the phone, disciplining their kids, eating, putting on makeup, etc., I never pay any attention to their dirty looks when I pick up the grandchild from school. When I ride, I'm doing one thing and one thing only, riding. They are far more dangerous to their kids than I am with mine.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
After seeing so many soccer moms driving while talking on the phone, disciplining their kids, eating, putting on makeup, etc., I never pay any attention to their dirty looks when I pick up the grandchild from school. When I ride, I'm doing one thing and one thing only, riding. They are far more dangerous to their kids than I am with mine.
+1.

·
Registered
123 Posts
+2

Picking up the grand kids at school brought to mind the Cadillac commercial on TV where the kid and dad look enviously at the woman who picks up her kid in a Cadillac and she drives away with a smug superior smile. Riding away from school on a Burgman vs the Cadillac would put exciting vs boring in perspective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts