Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone ; I have a 08 with 9k on it, I been running perfect for the past month, just today once I Started it the engine was hesitating and sound and felt like it was missing a spark, being that it was running OK am assuming that a Rat 馃悁 eat a spark cable or BCU/ECU wire, (they did before with the alarm wires),,,can anyone Please give me a location for That on this Model

Administrator
Nitro, you posted this in General forum and not in a model forum. So without doing a search of your prior posts to see what bike, UH200 / AN400 / AN650 we can not answer with just 08. Sorry.

Reactions: maccecht

Premium Member
Not sure about icu/bcu but i know a couple abc's (govt liquor store) and a KKK (kitty kat klub). Oops also know a swmbo.

Reactions: s-steel

Administrator
Nitro, not a problem. I must read EVERY post and most new members I do not remember what they ride.

That said, the ECM on a 2008 Burgman 650 is up front right behind the speedo unit. But the failure you are decribing seems to be a COMMON one. The shop workers do not want to fight to get their big hands back into the tight space between the right side of the radiator and the right sparkplugs coil and that coil does not get locked down enough.

Back in 1984 I raced a Harley 1200 running on only 20% Nitro. That pounded real hard out the pipes. Never tried MaxNitro.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Dave. I will first start checking the Spark cable, maybe the easiest thing to Start with 馃檪,,,i will get back to u with Results 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Dave. I will first start checking the Spark cable, maybe the easiest thing to Start with 馃檪,,,i will get back to u with Results 馃憤
Okay,,, this is an update on my 08 burgman 650.
I checked the igniters Ok (two)
Spark plugs Ok (both)
ECU. harness looks Ok,,,
Put back everything together, Started the engine with center Stant and *No F1 light, push the Power and the manual Shifting Switch and everything Since to Respond ok,Took it for a spin and after 100 feet started to shake and the F1 light came On.
Next day I start it again , No F1 light , Took it for a spin and same thing, but one thing I did Notice , it looks like when that happens it is not Chenging Gear, like is Stock on first or Second gear i can heard the engine and the RPM over rev. Because it is Not Shifting, and that is why i thought it was misfiring.
I don't have the manual for it so I Don't know if there is any other Module for the Shifting or if is Controlled by the same ECU.
Any Advice will be appreciated.,

Administrator
OK, now put it on the SIDE stand and look under at the CENTER stands bracket for a electrical push plunger. It is common to get stuck pushed in and that will keep the CVT from shifting. A little WD-40 and rags to clean and move the button in and out may fix it.

Premium Member
my 650 wouldn't throw a fault code on center stand, maybe it would for going down road and center stand switch failed. are you getting any fail codes jumpering the dealer mode switch?

My advice would be, have a refreshing beverage, review the procedure for jumping dealer mode switch, have 6 more refreshing beverages, then tomorrow get the F.I. light, pop it up on center stand, while it's still running and light still on, jumper dealer mode plug, copy code, then have 6 more refreshing beverages while telling us the code and waiting for a response. Do not fail to have sufficient beverages on hand or this advice will not work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts