Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of EBC brake pads and I am most pleased. They seem to boost the braking force noticeably over the OEM pads. I had earlier installed a set in my car and found the same result. These are EBC "Double-H" pads. EBC part number FA412HH for rears and FA142HH for the front.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I installed a set of EBC brake pads and I am most pleased. They seem to boost the braking force noticeably over the OEM pads. I had earlier installed a set in my car and found the same result. These are EBC "Double-H" pads. EBC part number FA412HH for rears and FA142HH for the front.
Were yours worn out or did you just want to give them a try?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been sitting on a shelf for three years, bought them from someone who had them for 650 that he sold. I've never liked the feel of the standard brakes and was considering improvements. I had especially thought of stainless steel braided lines (I used to make them for my race car). Then I spotted the EBC pads and saw a solution that involved no cost. The pads I took out were the originals with 14,800 miles. They looked like they weren't half worn. The improved performance of the EBC pads is the simplest and cheapest brake improvement solution.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do not like the excessive amount of brake pad dust on my rear wheel from the OEM brake pads. I have EBC brake pads on my other bike and I do not get this much dust. I am considering swapping with EBC on my Burgman 650 Exec.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
EBC's are my first pick.

I tend to go thru brake pads more than most riders due to the fact I am in stop and go traffic all the time. I can not let just engine braking slow me down fast enough. At 48,000 miles I am just now on my 2nd set of pads. I just put EBC organics on front and HH in the rear. With the bigger foot print of the car tire I have a hard time skidding the rear on dry pavement even with the HH pads. I will be needing new rotors soon. The 2002-04 650's wheels have 4 bolts holding the rotors on and 05 up have 5 bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts