Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Yep...I've had one on my '05-400
since August of '05. Wouldn't be
without it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had mine for about 6 months, works good for me. It is also still adjustable using the stock frame it came with.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To all you guys who liked it did any of you get the rocking chair effect ? In other words was it to flexible and therefore springy ?

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Springy ?? Not really...pretty rigid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have on on my 400. I love it. I bought the one for shorter drivers and it fit perfectly. I am on 5'8" on the heavy side the standard one seemed like it would have beento high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put one on my 2013 650, it works great for much needed back support. It looks like a Jac Vinson. He was very helpful. The top pad is really your existing factory backrest which you end up moving, you will have a hollow space visible from the back. I spray painted mine flat black and put on some stick on reflectors. I like the flex of the steel bar. For the cost I think it's a really good fix.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I put one on my 2013 650, it works great for much needed back support. It looks like a Jac Vinson. He was very helpful. The top pad is really your existing factory backrest which you end up moving, you will have a hollow space visible from the back. I spray painted mine flat black and put on some stick on reflectors. I like the flex of the steel bar. For the cost I think it's a really good fix.

I agree. I would have preferred Mr. Vinson to include TWO of the metal support bars, one standard and one for short riders, so I could have tried them both out. I'll likely end up buying a second one on Ebay from Mr. Vinson or ask him to sell me the short metal bar so I can see which one fits me best.

After about 30 miles using the Jac Vinson backrest I would NOT want to go back to the factory one. It's worth the few dollars Mr. Vinson is asking for his rest.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes it felt "springy" but I like it that way as it absorbs some of the shock when going over rough ground.
For the lower pad, I added some leftover floor carpet padding to make it more padded.
I had a difficult time tying that pad down securely because I felt the cord was too short for my large hands to grab and tie together.
Maybe the Seller can modify that cord by adding a cord adjuster to retain its tautness as you adjust the pad.
Other than that, I am happy with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts