Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,714 Posts
I like Dave J use wired in ear buds. I used the ones that came with the sandisk mp3 player.

they had skull candy buds on sale at the store. I opend it right up and checked it with my v20 and quad dac. amazing sound. bought an extra pair. cheap and the sound/bass on SC are amazing.

I only listen to music when I goto the gym, to get psyched up/

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Garthhh, I bet the other guests in the Hot Tub wonder why your wearing that Bell Moto4 in the hot tub.:wink.
yeah, i get those looks sometimes with my snorkel and goggles:angel

Reactions: Dave_J

· Super Moderator
4,526 Posts
My Nolan helmet has the room for the Nolan Bluetooth intercom (more than 200€). I bought on Amazon a chinese bluetooth helmet stereo headset for 16€...
The Nolan unit is very expensive - but it’s very good (battery lasts several days, good speakers and intercom range is further than high end units fellow riders use).
I have the NCom B5l with brake light in my N104 Absolute helmet. But I agree the price was a bit eye watering.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Back like a bad penny in a space suit, ,, started for the gym and half way there, rain. Wearing something that would become illegally revealing if it got wet, I turned and ran for the cave at non leo approved speeds. Earbuds inside a modular helmet were comfortable and provided sufficient volume (and reduced noise) for even my half deaf self.
I wore them for a couple hours around the house yesterday and they were not uncomfortable. For 15 bucks I am pleased so far, being a cheap - - - endurance will be a consideration so if they last 6 months it will be a win.

· Registered
16 Posts
I use Bose soundsport free, with and without a helmet depending on the length of ride. They won’t fall out. You start to get some road noise at around 55 and above but it’s nothing that will completely distort the sound.

· Registered
375 Posts
Let me add that I just upgraded my Sena SMH-10 to a Cardo Pactalk Bold (with the JBL speakers) and have really been impressed. The Cardo has automatic volume control that adjusts the volume up or down based on outside ambient noise, and it actually is loud enough that I can listen to FM talk radio while riding down the highway on a 'naked' motorcycle. On my '13 Burgman 650, the sound quality is really very good. The only niggle was that the JBL helmet speakers tend to be a bit thicker than the ones that came with the Sena, so I ended up having to do the spoon trick with my LS2 flip-front helmet to make the speaker cavities a bit deeper. The other downside is the cost - north of $300 (with tax) from Revzilla (US online shop). But once I go the fitment issues straightened out, its working great. I've always had a hard time getting earbuds to be comfortable under a helmet, and here in the great state of Minnesota it is illegal to ride with earbuds in both ears - although having one ear with just a plug is legal. That doesn't seem to stop the hoards of folks I see driving with earphones on (and bicycling), mind you. So, if you've got the money to spend, the Cardo seems to be a really good solution to the problem of listening to music or conversation while riding.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I've been using these this past season and am surprisingly pleased with them:

Plugfones Earplug/Earbud Hybrid

Inexpensive, good noise reduction, and decent sound for riding. I also have little trouble inserting them snugly.

Some of reviews indicate that they're fragile, but I've been careful with them and have had no problems during many hours of usage. When they wear out or break, I'll just get another set.
just 0rdered 3 more, still have one, concur fragile, after 3 years of daily use and being run over by a car, they broke!:)

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
just 0rdered 3 more, still have one, concur fragile, after 3 years of daily use and being run over by a car, they broke!:)
Hope they were not on the noggen when this happened.

I've been using two sets of White (stolen from Delta Airlines) ear buds for the last 2 years and the last pair just broke. Don't know if they were worth the cost. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mikeyMarine

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Dan, I used small wired ear bud under my full modular helmet for years. The good fitting ones do dual duty.

First they knock the outside noise down about 20 dB so the wind noise and traffic tire noise is a lot less.

Second they inject the music/talk inside so you do NOT need to crank up the volume to drown out the road noises. I ran mine off an Audiovox HD radio and had no static. But even with Pink Floyd in my ears I can still hear the traffic enough.

I wish my SENA Intercom set had HD but it does not.
Same hear, I use ear buds... on occasion (fit properly) fitting with correct size dome. Fit properly they do serve dual purpose working as an earplug for wind/road noises and also for music/talk. I prefer this over any expensive coms I've tried monkeying with and never seem to work well, but always disappoint. This feels natural to me as I always ride with earplugs anyway.

My preference is no music and coms. Thats why I ride, to get away from that crap. I will use earbuds only when riding alone.

A guy I used to group ride motorcycles with was high tech. and always playing with his latest gizmos while riding, not able to keep it in his lane, not using proper following distance, take off from a stop and he's still sitting there on his phone, taking calls and texts, adjusting his GoPro etc... needless to say I no longer ride with him. Making it safely to this point in my life I'm cautious of who I ride with. I don't want "that guy" taking me out.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Either my helmet is too small or your helmets are too large. 🤷‍♂️ I can sorta squeeze in my Plugfones for a couple of hours before they become uncomfortable but there’s no way I can fit a pair of earbuds in there. And that’s a shame because my daughter bought me this awesome noise-canceling set that would be great at reducing wind noise.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Maybe yours is too small, mine fits perfect. Maybe your helmet padding design? maybe your earbud design?

I have several types of earbuds. I only use the small wireless that fit inside the ear. No issue.

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
On my old Shoi helmet the ear area was super padded and even ear plugs got uncomfortable.

So I went and removed just a little of the padding in the ear area and it was 300% better.

I have a few long playing albums in my Phone, like George Straight 50 top hits, Best of Deep Purple, ABBA's top hits, The Band, Jimmy Buffet..... Most of these are 2 hours of endless music and then its time to stop, gas and pee.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts