Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I opened my e-mail the other day and found 175 mailings from the things I viewed on this forum. Easy to remove, and I'm glade I have DSL or it would have taken forever to download them by dial up. How can I not have everything I view e-mailed to me when I visit topics while logged on to this great forum? T. Michael

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Michael,

Go into yor profile (link at the top of the page) and about 1/2 way down you'll see the preferences section. Under preferences, change 'Always notify me of replies' to 'No' and then click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
After you change that setting, there seems to be a lag before it takes effect. I turned email notification off yesterday morning, and still received some notifications throughout the day. Today I have not received any. I've noticed that before - I am not sure why it doesn't take effect immediately.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The option in the profile is a default option for new posts. It only effects all new posts that you make. All old posts will still have the option set as when the post was made. To turn if off for old threads, go back to the thread that is sending the post, edit your message, and uncheck the option 'Notify me when a reply is posted' at the bottom and click the 'Submit' button.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Thanks Bill,

That would explain why I'm still getting a few notifications from both this forum and the V-Strom forum (which uses the same software).

I still left the setting turned on to notify me if I get a Private Message. But since I review these forums daily anyway, the other notifications were of little value to me.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
One other note: if you have multiple posts in the same thread that's sending email to you, you may have to uncheck 'Notify me when a reply is posted' in all of your posts of that thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts