Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/engine-performance-2007-2012/324399-how-drive-your-cvt-instead-driving-you.html

The OP hits the head of the nail with his hammer: If you are willing to learn how the CVT reacts to your input, you can control it just as good or better than a manual transmission.

If you are totally oblivious, you will be fighting against it.

The Danish drivers fall in the latter category, so ultimately Nissan buys back cars with "CVT gearbox problems" even though the only real problem is the loose nut behind the steering wheel.

·
Administrator
18,695 Posts
It starts as a well written post with lots of information till an over educated A$$ has to start in with the "Engineering Papers' crap. Does this OP have a way for his CVT to work for him/her? Yes. But 100% for everyone else? No.

Question, do we all ride our Burgmans how Suzuki's engineers designe it? NO! Most of us have found ways to make it fit us as we want it to. If the engineers were so smart 100% of the time, we'd have turnsignals that were on as marker lights or a 8 gallon fuel tank to name a couple of things some of us DUMMIES have re-engineered to make it ours.

You ride your's how you want and leave mine to me to do as I please. The OP was only stating a fact on how it fits his/her style of driving and it is a guideline to others that like to ride like him/her. :boxing:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts