Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to a Burgman 650 dyno chart? HP & Torque. Or just torque. Preferably a Suzuki publication.

I've been searching but it seems like I find really old stuff and the charts are no longer there.

Thanks.

Registered
Bring that's a CVT a dyno s a bit pointless. It will only push out what the CVT allows it to. It will do 114mph on a GPS at the point where it wont take much more Cap"n if that helps. Star trek reference 馃榿

Registered
If memory serves, it puts out about 50HP at the rear wheel.

According to https://www.ultimatespecs.com/motorcycles-specs/suzuki/suzuki-burgman-650-2019:
Maximum power - Output - Horsepower​
56.00 HP (40.9 kW)) @ 7000 RPM
Maximum torque​
62.00 Nm (6.3 kgf-m or 45.7 ft.lbs) @ 5000 RPM

That source also claims a top speed of 160kph (99.4MPH) which is not correct -- it's 110MPH, at 121MPH indicated. Well, unless the newer ones are slower...

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess that's the reason for not finding a dyno chart. I suppose it could be held in manual 5th and dyno'd. If 5th is the closest ratio to 1:1. I know the hp and tq ratings, I want a graph because ...

I think there is very good merit to whoever it was that posted that switching from POWER to NORMAL at full throttle at about 60 mph made the bike quicker. I think whoever posted that is spot on. I think a good torque curve would not only highlight that, but would also more closely identify the point at which to make the switch from P to N. Is it at 60 mph? Is it better at 65 mph or 55 mph? I did a bit of experimenting, and switching at 60 mph "feels" quicker than switching at 55 mph.

This kind of info is of utmost importance to us. I feel the need to know these things in case I ever get in a race in a parking lot with a Prius. You know, us badasses gotta put them Prius owner's in there place! 馃榿

Registered
If memory serves, it puts out about 50HP at the rear wheel.

According to https://www.ultimatespecs.com/motorcycles-specs/suzuki/suzuki-burgman-650-2019:
Maximum power - Output - Horsepower​
56.00 HP (40.9 kW)) @ 7000 RPM
Maximum torque​
62.00 Nm (6.3 kgf-m or 45.7 ft.lbs) @ 5000 RPM

That source also claims a top speed of 160kph (99.4MPH) which is not correct -- it's 110MPH, at 121MPH indicated. Well, unless the newer ones are slower...
Those are ballpark numbers. No way maximum Hp just happens to be right at 7,000 even, and maximum torque right at 5,000. The only reason they stated a realistic looking mph number of 99.4, is because it鈥檚 calculated from the fat estmated 160.0 kmh that goes with the other approximated values the author used.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
There's another gadget I'd like to procure. It's called a Dragy. It would help me sort this shift point out. This is important folks. We can't be letting SmartForTwos, Mitsubishi Mirages and Chevy Sparks be outrunning us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts